Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hello

Hi all. I just found this site from a post over on Rawfoodtalk.com. I am delighted to find all the easy recipes compiled in an easy to use (and discuss!) way.

My name is Toni and I started my raw food journey last year at this very time. I was dxed with Hashimoto’s disease in Sept of 05 and even on the meds I found myself quickly going downhill. I was gaining weight, suicidal, and exhausted all the time. I am a hsing mom to 4 dc with a dh who is a hard working man. My kids needed their mom and my dh needed his wife. A good friend of mine was looking for info on juice fasts and she came across a testimony on Shazzie’s site. She sent the link to me and I started raw within 3 days. It has been an up and down battle through this past year. I will have days where I am 100% and I will have days when I blow it completely. My family is not raw and my dh has no desire to be. He will snack raw but dinner had better have some meat in it or he will pull out the peanut butter.:) I am amazed at how much better I feel and how much more emotionally stable I am when I stay raw. I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing recipes!

Blessings! Toni

Comments

• Hi Toni, welcome to Gone Raw. I’d never heard of Hashimoto’s Disease before… it seems like your experiences, and reasons for going raw, are similar to mine. I wish you the best with raw foods!

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

Hello Ray, We are neighbors:) I am in Dallas, OR, near Salem. Hasimoto’s is a thyroid disease that causes your body to attack and destroy your thyroid. It is amazing what your thyroid controls in your body and how miserable a person is without it! Thanks for the welcome.:)

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Hey, welcome and hope you enjoy that chocolate larabar!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi Toni, Welcome to Gone Raw! Say, where do you go for organic fruits and vegetables in your area? I have family in Salem who was just asking for recommendations and you sound much closer to Salem than I am here in Portland!

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

Typically I go to Lifesource on Commercial. It costs an arm and a leg so I kind of fudge on the whole organic thing, myself. I scrub everything really good and grow a big organic garden in the summer.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Thanks for the info – I’m heading to Salem in a few days and am going to check out Lifesource when in town!

• Hey Priceless One.

A friend of a friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s…

Any chance I can ask if I can put you two in touch with eachother and if so how.

As far as I know she is not even familiar with eating raw and is not a vegetarian at all. So it’s a good chance to ‘convert’ someone if you will.

I’m sure you guys can benefit from eachother’s experiences. Apparently she’s very scared it’s going to be fatal or something like that.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hi Priceless One, I too have Hoshimoto’s disease. I was diagnosed almost 5 years ago now. It has been a battle that has ultimately led me to my raw path. If you ever want to talk, let me know!