Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

A very sad story

Hello in sadness. My neighbour has a very aggressive cancer. He told me of it a few weeks back. I told him of Essiac tea and all the natural healing processes and foods. I printed out all the info so he could read it. He chose not to follow these things. If the doctor doesn’t know about it, then it is a fad. Essiac tea will hurt his gout. I know from previous experience, that when I Tell people these things, they look at me patronisingly, as if I am living in the days of the so called witches and their herbal cures. OK, so he has prevented his gout from flaring by not taking essiac tea and now the poor man is dying. He will never come home. I JUST FEEL SO FRUSTRATED. I naively thought that if you are in danger of death by a serious illness, you would want to try anything for a cure. But people still trust only the doctors.

Comments

• Unfortunatly, some people will only listen to their doctors and march straight to the grave. My younger brother is the same way. He has pancreatic cancer and non Hodgkins lymphoma. I’ve given him plenty of info on natural cures, Gerson etc. & he still won’t listen. Two weeks ago they opened the back of his skull and removed a tumor about the size of a small orange. He is now blind in one eye and has difficulty speaking, as well as impaired motor functions. He’s had two rounds of chemo, & isn’t getting any better. You can only do so much, but if they do not listen to you, you can’t do anything but stand helplessly on the sidelines and watch someone you care about die. My brother will be 36 next week. Hope he makes it.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Well, you have to understand their thinking. They may be skeptical because it hasn’t been “proven” to work. And, people want something that works. (chemo/radiation may not be the “best” option… but it has worked for some.)

Every body is different… a remedy that works for one may not work for another. And, I don’t think one remedy fixes it… I think it’s several things… a lifestyle change as we call it. The food we eat, the air we breath, the sunshine we get, the water we drink, the rest we take, etc. Some people find these welcoming, yet scarse, pleasures in life to be too ‘simple’ of a fix. They don’t realize how simple and easy the health message is.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’m so sorry for both of you M@tt and bluebells. Having someone close to you go through something like this is heart wrenching.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

You know, bluebells, I’m experiencing the same thing w/ my step dad. For him, at 85, you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. I’m heading there today. All i can do is leave my books lying around and try to be a raw example. I bring a pie and my vita-mix. When I fire that thing up—this usually inspires some questions. I’m hoping in this visit to at least convince him the chemo. is not going to give him any more time here. In fact, it will rob his time here (in this situation). I’ll encourage getting all affairs in order so he can be living with cancer, instead of dying from it. There’s a huge difference. Yes?

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

A couple of things might be going on here… these folks are just plain scared. They have been given the big “C” diagnosis and they are paralyed and giving up responsibility of their well being to another. Another thing that might be going on is they don’t have something to inspire them to live so they are resigned to die or they are ready to transition.

It is difficult for loved ones who have options but aren’t heard. One way to look at it is that you have offered a gift to your loved one. It is their choice to accept it or not. It is hard to not take it personally though…

• Beautifully put, Bluedolfin. M@tt and bluebells, my heart and thoughts are with you.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Those so-called witches and their herbal cures knew what the heck they were doing. They still do. :o)

It is really frustrating and difficult when you have information you really believe can help someone and they’re so resistant to it. My dad is going through a lung cancer ordeal right now, and my mom and I are really pushing the natural remedies and greens-greens-greens, and LUCKILY he’s starting to listen. Believe me, for my dad to be willing to drink a smoothie with spinach in it is a MAJOR deal.

• jenergy. look up and read about ‘Essiac tea’. It provides so much hope. As a Christian, I believe that when God ‘threw’ us out of paradise, He is so merciful that He knew we would be suffering from illnesses and so He provided us with all the healing herbs and minerals. It says so in the Bible. But, even if some people do not believe in God, the fact remains, that people have been using herbs for thousands of years. After all, the multibillion drug companies never existed did they. and also, the amount of tax that governments collect from chemical medicine stops the research, acceptance and use of herbs by the medical profession. It’s nothing else but that. If governments were as caring about peoples health, they would investigate anecdotal evidence of natural healing and apply it. Then,the drug companies won’t be able to make oodles of money out of very frightened people who are in the ‘flight or fight’ syndrome. I believe that it is the ‘flight or fight’ that stops people from trying natural cures. Please, everyone, read about ‘Essiac tea’. It may be just the cure that the doctors are looking for.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Thanks, bluebells… when I first posted on here about my dad (“shellshocked” thread) I got some suggestions regarding essiac tea. Maybe even from you? Heh… I don’t remember now, sorry. :o) I did look it up and forwarded everything I found to my mom. I’ll check with her to see if she’s pursued that idea.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

It’s a toughy for sure. I went through this with a friend a couple of years ago. I’ve known people who cured their cancers through aggressive natural regimes (fasting, etc.) but also know others who followed the same regimes faithfully and did not get cured.

There are plenty of Gerson-type clinics. I believe if they had a definitive cure people would know about it by now. The truth is, that works for some people and not others.

The natural cures require a huge effort and often huge expense. The person has to be really committed to it to climb that hill. I don’t know if you have ever been really sick, but it’s not the easiest time to start something new. Everyone is giving you advice, and to follow any of the suggestions would take energy and money that is in short supply.

So when I hear of a friend with cancer, my first response is to ask them “How can I help?” If they are open to it I tell them about the people I know who cured themselves, and how, and again offer help in that arena if they are open to it. One thing I do know is that they’ll likely feel a lot better by having juices and a lighter, raw diet. They are more open to that idea – feeling better – than abandoning Western medicines and trying something without medical support.

Now when it comes to type 2 diabetes, I know for a fact that the raw diet gets rid of it. So for those friends, I am pretty aggressive in sending them articles and letting them know what I’ve learned. But even in that, I totally respect and honor that they may not want to do it. It’s hard to change habits. It can be hard to follow this diet – it involves planning, food preparation, and often social isolation. It’s not for everyone.

And also, sometimes it is just time to die.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Bluebells, you did all you could for him. You gave him the info to help him, but it is ultimately up to him. You would think that if you were faced with this sort of thing, you would try anything! You would fight like hell! Most people are so set in their ways that they will never change, they will never go agianst their beliefs. Like greenie just said, Maybe it is just time for him to go. Passing on from cancer is not pleasant near the end. I watched my aunt, who was now a shivering, whimpering skeleton go that way. I saw her the day before she went. it was awful.

The big C won’t get me without a big fight! Maybe your neighbour has never seen someone right before they pass from cancer. I tell you, seeing my aunt like that, has scared me to death of cancer!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Luna blu,

I’ve seen three people die from cancer, my father and two friends. It is a horrible disease but all three died in peace. The weeks and months before were not so peaceful, but the time leading up to death and death itself was peaceful. Death was blissful and freeing.

Really death is natural. It’s nothing to be feared. I of course believe in honoring the gift of life by living fully and doing all I can to preserve and enhance it.

I’ve seen many people (myself very much included!) lay their trips on others. We all think we know best. I think the best and kindest we can do for the person is to be there for them and with them, supporting them in what they want, even if it’s not what we would chose for them.

• Yes, Greenie, I have been sick. I have had three major abdominal operations and I have R.A. and Osteo arthritis. My father died of cancer of the heart, lungs, and stomach. I suppose that I am fearful of illness and I WOULD try anything because I believe it will work. I wonder if I ‘push’ natural healing too hard because of my own fears. But it really is a desire to see people well and happy. Not to see them suffer the grief of death for those who are left behind. I told my son and his wife about all this while their friend aged 41 was dying from cancer, and her auntie also. They put all the information in the dustbin and so they watched their loved ones die.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I am truly sorry to hear what you all are going through. I feel helpless when i can’t assist others, when I know things that just might save them. Sigh.

I wanted to mention B17 and apricot pits, although everyone on the thread probably knows about the reported cancer fighting/preventing properties.

• Thank you Winona. I have never heard of ther cancer fighting properties of B17 and Apricot pits. Tell us about them. Please

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Sometimes it is so difficult to help people, and I suppose that people is not very open to “raw suggestions”.

I would like to know more on that B17 and apricot pits. What I have read is that sprouts in general have anticancer substances and in particular Broccoli sprouts.

• Your neighbour should watch this video “Healing Cancer from Inside Out”, http://www.ravediet.com/caHealingcancer.htm It was played last month at the SimplyRaw potluck in Ottawa, Canada.

Info from site “Part 1, Curing Cancer, deals with the failings of conventional cancer treatments and shows how conventional medicine wildly – and deceptively – exaggerates the benefits of treatments, while minimizing the risks. It will provide you with the information you need to accurately assess the risks and benefits of any treatment and speak intelligently to your doctor about such treatments. There is also a section on the ‘Cancer Industry’ which explains the history behind cancer treatments, the suppression of alternative treatments and why chemotherapy, radiation and surgery are the only treatments available to mainstream medicine.

Part 2, Healing Cancer, shows how cancer can be successfully healed with dietary treatments and natural supplementation. It explains common misconceptions about cancer, shows how diets designed to fight cancer are more successful than conventional treatments, discusses startling cancer research findings with T. Colin Campbell (The China Study) and has interviews with people who have reversed cancers using diet. It also discusses supplementation and why attitude is important in reversing not only cancer, but any disease.”

• Thank you for that information RawNutrition.ca I will give the web address to him. I don’t know if it too late though. I will do it though. You are all so kind. Thank you all.