"disposable" Pie Plates?

germin8germin8 Raw Master

I accidently deleted the post about the flat pie plates… (sorry omshanti and bluedolphin, I did get your posts though)...

I’m still looking for more ideas on a flat pie plate to put into my springform pan and have the pie ready to be delivered without the spring form pan and just that pie plate.

I may make some pies for family/friends… and I want to way to “deliver” it to them. Where do these other pie places get theirs from. I don’t want to buy in bulk. I only need about 10 or 20 of them.

Last resort would be to buy a 50 cent plate from Ikea or something.

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Another idea… either get some round, stiff cardboard (the size of the bottom of the springform) at a craft store or again, at a bakery, or cut them out yourself (use the springform bottom for the stencil). Then cover with foil, clear wrap, or a pretty doily (you can even use the doily to cover the cardboard bottom). That way you can use them in your springform and have a bottom you can give away.

Happy pieing…

BTW, how the heck did you delete the whole thread?

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

good ideas blue! if you are not crafty you can go to marshals or micheals for cheap plates!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Great idea bluedolphin.

My mom mentioned the doily thing… but I didn’t know what she was talking about! I thought that was some kind of yarn-type woven-by-hand fabric… and didn’t think more of it.

Yeah, I was going to delete a one-word post I had in the thread… I clicked EDIT and when I saw the word DELETE, I automatically clicked it, deleting the entire thread… and realizing what I had done just as I clicked-it. Oops.

Again, this is great advice! You guys are great!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Bad germ! Bad germ! lol That’s strange that you were able to delete the whole thread and not just your post. I think that is a bug.

To clarify, I was referring to using paper doilys not cloth ones…

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

No, not a bug… it was the wrong DELETE button.

Yeah, I guess my mom meant paper ones… but I only thought cloth. Thanks.

Hahaha. Germ.