Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is there a way to make milk chocolate?

Or chocolate that doesn’t taste so dark and intense, I love using cacao powder and butter, but I’ve always been partial to milk chocolate…

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

If you want milk chocolate, you cannot add like 1/2 cup cocoa powder. That’s just way too dark for me, I am not a fan of dark chocolat either so I am much more milk chocolatey. I blend 1 cup of raw cacao butter (after it is liquefied in the dehydrator) with 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder, and some maple syrup or agave. Adding vanilla beans also enhances the milk chocolate flavor. Also, as cooky as this sounds, add a little almond milk to your chocolate to make it milky (now I mean only like 4 tablespoons of almomd milk, not 1 cup. Good luck!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

rawererin: Good question. I suppose cacao powder with coconut oil, instead of cacao butter might work.

I saw a raw truffle recipe once, and the “milk” chocolate variation included walnuts. So maybe cacao powder with walnuts?

One last idea would be use cacao nibs, which are higher in fat, and have a less intense cacao flavor. You can grind it up, and then add it to your nut mylk recipe. Happy creations! :)

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Another suggestion, make really creamy almond milk, like 1 cup almonds to 1 cup water or less and add some of that. It should still solidify that way.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Here’s the link for the truffle recipe: http://www.purejoyplanet.com/recipes.php

According to the recipe, almond butter is another way to make it more milky, which is kind of what Carmentina is suggesting above.

At the risk of going into idea overload, I saw raw concentrated coconut milk in plastic bags online before, but I couldn’t find it this morning. Maybe it’s been discontinued.

You’re inspiring me to try this for myself. Thanks! :)

• RosenTrevithickRosenTrevithick Raw Newbie

I'm new to this website, so forgive me if I'm including ingredients that are avoided here, but this is how I make my raw, vegan 'milk' chocolate.

45g raw cocoa butter

2 tsp raw cashew butter (commercial or just grind cashew nuts in a small food processor)

2 tbsp agave nectar

2 tsp raw coconut butter

4 tsp raw cocoa powder

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I think I might have to live in this thread. I am absolutely loving the suggestions. I've always liked the lighter version of chocolate too. 

• FeeFee Raw Master

OOOh I've been wanting to make a milk chocolate too so this is great.

I will need to do some experimenting too.

Harmony1