Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Coping with a twisted, wasted world

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey everyone,

I kinda posted about this in another thread, but how do you guys deal with all the knowledge (which grows more everyday) regarding Codex and GM food and human-cow babies and depopulation strategies employed by power-hungry, greedy bastards?

As someone who is RAW, I find I am totally on the fringe sometimes. I get SO ANGRY and depressed at where the world is going. I thought I was up to date with what was happening in the world in regards to twisted government, but finding out that our food supply is being tampered with to such an outrageous and dehumanizing degree feels like the last straw. I am SERIOUSLY CONCERNED for where humanity is heading, and it has nothing to do with wars and bombs. After watching the Codex video, I am in a state of shock, so stunned at how deceptive and insidious SOME PEOPLE are in an effort to maintain power. It makes me absolutely sick.

I can’t even really enjoy my gym anymore because there are TV sets everywhere advertising the toxic, revolting food (followed by magic diet ads) and newscasters who only bother (and are required to) report news that is demoralizing and sad. I find that exercising in front of all the ‘bad news’ is giving me panic attacks now. It’s unfortunate that I have become so sensitive to this type of stuff that it bothers me so much.

I truly do feel that SOMEONE IN POWER is trying to dehumanize US ALL in everyway possible. Does anyone else get the same vibe? SOMEONE IN POWER is trying to take away and stifle our INTRINSIC HUMAN POWER, which I believe to be the power of our collective imagination.

I know that it’s all perspective and that there is a lot to be greatful for in the world still and with humanity but HOLY CRAP. I am just getting so FED UP!! I am at my wits end, and I feel like I must do something BIG to help create more change in the favor of collective human health!

Does anyone get what I’m saying? How do you cope with all this stuff? Is there a degree I can get in college that will enable me to fight those jerks, fire with fire? I just can’t believe how low some humans have gotten that they would do this to all of us, on a GLOBAL SCALE…

It’s disheartening to the max for me, and any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Hi MOTH. I FEEEEEL YOU!! I went through a very bad phase in college where I felt overwhelmed and powerless and I learned about the invisible cage and all the bars (sexism/racisim/classism f-ing isms, environmental degradation corporate welfare, red lining, atrocities inflicted on our own people etc etc etc) and I felt VERY much like you do now…depressed, angry, powerless. I wanted to save everyone…I HATED the “MAN” that was doing this to us all. After a while and much growth and spiritual seeking I found that even those who oppress us are oppressed (think of Hitler and his self hatred) and I also became quite the avid student of Doomsday/end times/apocalypse stories/myths/beliefs. What I found and what I believe for various long drawn out and complicated reasons is that all religions myths etc agree that this is a very dark time..but after the dark is always the light..we must have this “winter” so that there can be a spring. And we can be the first buds to break through the snow …we can vibrate higher, create a better reality. I stopped focusing on all the things I couldn’t control and started focusing on what I could MY SOUL MY MIND MY BODY MY IMMEDIATE ENVIRONMENT

I would even take it step by step… Ok how do I FEEL about the state of my soul right now? Im good…ok then how about my Mind? I would usually get stuck here and realize that I was in an unproductive thinking pattern… and so on If I am doing well with me and I am focusing all my efforts on the things I can control than I am doing all that I can..

The best way to fight back is to be educated (to live in the world but not be OF the world) to not buy into their sheep brainwashing BS and to also release all the other “sheep” to follow the “MAN” over the cliff if that is what they choose to do. I am not in charge of anyone else only me…and people see it and they ask and THEN I share or help or ILLUMINATE.. The sun is rising in the distance and “the meek shall inherit the earth” or however you want to look at it… stand back and let them destroy themselves if thats what they choose to do.

I have been taking precautions so that I may care for myself (worst case scenario) Survival skills Foraging basic supplies and soon a little self defense but I hope to never need it…I will give away everything because I know the earth. my knowledge and my stubbornness will provide all that I need to live..but if someone tries to hurt me physically or my children…well the buck stops there! Ok I posted earlier about getting my soap box and sandwich board out… There you go folks… SERMON has been DELIVERED!! PEACE LOVE LIGHT AND POSITIVE VIBRATIONS…I’LL MEET YOU IN THE SHAMBALA/SHANGRA-LA/EDEN/HEAVEN ON EARTH/THE AGE OF AQUARIUS/ETC

• Shit—I was just gonna say try singing in the rain

:D

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

I have been crying a lot lately, ever since seeing the Codex video. Before that, I would occasionally notice threads with Monsanto mentioned, but I didn’t know anything about it. Since watching the video, I have been doing a lot of research online and getting more and more scared and concerned.

At this point, my focus is on survival. I have a 4 year old and my greatest hope is to see him grow up healthy and happy.

As far as you question of what we can do, I haven’t figured that out yet. But in line with what ambikalee wrote, maybe we can focus on the power of our thoughts. By thinking about Codex and Monsanto, etc. are we giving them more power? Maybe if we begin to think about how they are failing and will fall, they will weaken?

Singing in the Rain is cool too ;-)

• AGREED MORE THAN YOU’LL EVER KNOW. I cry for my family that’s passed due to falacies in this “free world”...I cry for the children I work with, envisioning their fruitless futures, and I cry for the people of today and how little people are informed…And are being brainwashed (REALLY) and don’t even know it. I cope by trying to get into most moments of the day. I also work 3 jobs, so that helps keep my mind in order. Another thing I do, since I am writing a book, I carry around a recorder on my iPod, and just talk into it and vent whenever I get passionate upsets like you seem to have. It definitely helps. And it’s great material for a book, because it comes from the heart.

OH, I also agree with what you’re saying on thoughts! I think that is our GREATEST power here!!! Instead of focusing on the anti-FDA or anti-CODEX rampages…it’s soooo important to focus on pro-Raw, and things of the sort…fab idea. Spread the word ;)

• I’m saddened by the fact that I wonder if they want to take away all of our rights, and taking away our health is just one of those steps. I think the only thing one can do is show others by letting them see you, that raw is healing and has changed your life. I think showing by your actions and not words. By doing so that opens the eyes to others and alows them to see the truth.

I’m saddened to see my family and their health failing and not wanting to do anything about it. I was there, but now that I have fully embraced raw I could NEVER imagine going back. It’s sad that our loved ones have to suffer because of lies.

I haven’t watched to CODEX video yet, but now I am making it a priority!

• Moth, I totally understand where you’re coming from. I feel the same way. I get so depressed at times, it makes me sick and I just want to scream. But I just try to remember that there is only so much I can do. I am only one person, and getting angry isnt going to solve anything. The best I can do is try to bring awareness to these issues to those who will respectfully listen. Try to just calm yourself down with yoga or tai chi, do something relaxing when these feelings come up. When we get angry and depressed about this mad, cold world, (especially when there isnt much we can do) can only hurt us from the inside out, creating stress in our bodies. I know it’s hard, but sometimes, us people who are knowledgeble on these isues just need to step back and take a break from all of that. If you are depressed, I suggest that you not read or watch any movies that might aggravate that for a while. Just step away from it, go outside and take a walk, surround yourself with positive people, eat a salad with raw dresing, think positive thoughts, help those in need, and let God take care of the rest.

• i forgot to mention my savior….MUSIC!!! Xavier Rudd RARA AVIS Maitasahyu (sp?) Bob Marley Ben HArper Spearhead, Ani DiFranco

Here is a song by Xaiver Rudd

Xavier Rudd

• Great point about music. I am not familiar with Xavier Rudd, but will certainly check him out. To add to the music list, staples for me include Richie Havens, Dead Prez, and Rage Against The Machine.

rock!

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Oh Moth, I so feel you. I go through these periods of rage and frustration every once in a while, and it’s so overwhelming. I remember finding out in my 20’s that men & women really weren’t equal in society’s eyes, like I’d been raised to believe by my liberal parents… oh jeez I was furious for months. And I hated my husband for being a man. Heh.

I figured out years ago that watching tv news was a waste of time and an insult to my intelligence, and just recently I’ve had to curtail my online reading of alternate news because it just spins me out so bad. I read the thing about morgellan’s disease yesterday and literally almost threw up. I did cry a little bit. And felt myself sliding back into that fear/anger/frustration downward spiral. It’s sickening, truly.

I keep my eyes on the display on the machines at the gym instead of looking up at the tv. Yesterday they had some crazy wanna be a supermodel show on and even with the sound off it was inane and ridiculous to me.

I know it’s not a cure for the world’s ills, but just for myself I’m discovering the benefits of meditation lately. I have ambikalee to thank for that. ;o) It’s something I can do to help keep me sane and centered, and if I’m sane and centered I can better deal with all the unbalanced insanity around me.

And as usual, ambikalee, I totally love what you have to say here. I really get your point of view, and you have a lot of really good suggestions. Love your energy, girl. :o)

Oh and p.s. I’m going to check out Xavier Rudd right now!

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Xavier Rudd is great! I just listened to a few samples on his website and my first impression is kind of like a cross between Ben Harper and Jack Johnson. I really liked “Whirlpool.”

And he’s PRETTY. Hehehe ;o)

So talking about music with a positive vibe, I also really like John Brown’s Body and Cat Stevens, and for a more spiritual, chanty kind of vibe I like Deva Primal. Her voice is magic. :o)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I think most of us that have seen and heard of these events have been disturbed by them. It is hard to imagine that these corporations, whose decisions are made by people with families, would happily comprise our health for a few extra nickels.

However, I do think it is better to be informed because it is the only way you can protect yourself from ignorance, which, in this case, is not bliss. I am glad that we have these forums to come and exchange this information regardless of how depressing the news is. Here, we also get to discuss these feelings with like-minded people and ways we can try to get the word out or do what we can to fight these battles.

For me, the most disturbing part is not that they happen as much as how most people react to them. I was in the courtyard at my office this past week talking with several people I know who visit the courtyard during the day to enjoy the moment. When I talked about these same things, their responses were disinterest due to the feeling that you can’t do something about it. Remarks were , “Well, what can you do?” Most shrugged their shoulders and shook their heads. I think the worst part, for me, is the tendancy to feel helpless and that the situation is hopeless. I know I am not powerles. I actually think I have power. But those who seems so disinterested do so because they feel powerless and their numbers have reached critical mass.

I don’t know what the answer is. Sometimes I think our people will have to start giving birth to two-headed babies before anyone wakes up. I am just happy I have a place to come each day and know that other people care about these same issues and that makes me feel that there is hope.

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

You’re right on-”the meek will inherit the earth.” The bible also tells us the righteous will reside forever upon it, and that God will destroy those runing the earth. So the answers are of course in the bible. We need only search it for truth amid Satan’s treachery. We are so close already-in tune with our bodies and nature! Someday soon, God will give us “a new heavens and a new earth” as we await his promise, our duty to to tell others, give them hope too, ONE LOVE were all in it together!

• Hi Moth. I so understand just how you are feeling. It can feel so incredibly overwhelming and depressing. Everyone here has good examples of how to help ease these feelings. I’ll just add my own therapy that helps ground me, detox me, (re)inpsire me. restore and recharge my spirit. Whenever I notice feeling overwhelmed I spend time with my animals and in/around nature. Just being around my dog and horses- sitting outside admiring them interact with one another just being present in the moment as they do so beautifully and naturally, petting them, brushing them, working with them, etc helps remind me to be present in the moment and appreciate this beautiful world with all her creations. Looking at and noticing, and I mean really noticing- the sky, a tree, grass, an insect, plants, anything to do with nature, also helps me feel present in the moment, in the “now.” That is what rebuilds my spirit and belief in the beauty of this world and the belief that somehow goodness/beauty/loving spirit will overcome the challenges we face finding a solution for.

Reading positive, uplifting, and inspiring things also help rejuvinate my spirit when I am low (not to mention helps keep me from getting too overwhelmed) and a beautiful piece of music will incite a peacefulness and calm confidence in our world for myself, too.

What others have said about not always or ONLY focusing on the horrible and negative going-ons is also important. Balance is necessary. Where that balance is for you will be an individual thing. That is not to say that ignoring the truth/reality and not learning as much as one can about things is wise, though, either.

I also feel it is important to point out that learning what you can do, even SMALL things to remind yourself that you are an empowered individual is vital to not consistently feeling depressed!! Feeling like one HAS to do something BIG will create anxiety, undue pressure, and block creative flow that’s necessary for realizing what things you CAN do when the opportunities present themselves. so please do not feel that you HAVE to do something big. You already have an accurate and powerful intuition by all the feelings you have described in your post. That is your intuition letting you know it KNOWS something is wrong. Trust that your intuition will grow stronger and more easily understood and will provide you with what your spirit needs to do to help however it may be. :) It is so very important that we each realize and recognize – like Dain5000 said – we each are powerful. EACH ONE OF US. We MUST take personal repsonsibility for ourselves and NOT give in to victim mentality type thinking. THAT will GUARANTEE that we are powerless, for we have given our power away when we think we can do NOTHING. THAT is what they want us to feel. They are COUNTING on us feeling that way so we do nothing!!!! Please believe in your own innate power. We each are unbelievable in our untapped potential! And do not just simply pray that we will be rescued by some “other” someone or something. BELIEVE we will win this, but it will be done with individuals each doing their part, not just counting on someone/something else to come in and rescue us- whether it be God, a new President, or whomever. It will take us ALL. God/Source/Creation will help, but as the saying goes, ”God helps those who help themselves.”

And lastly, I’ve mentioned this in some other threads, but for those who are anxious about how we can possibly “win’ against such seemingly great evil and what to do as an individual seeking to both help and cope I highly recoommend spending $14 and ordering this set of four short books which pertains DIRECTLY with what is happening right now. The info shared is not of a typical matter, so some people may not be ready for it. http://www.nomorehoaxes.com/shop/product_info.p…

can read first book free online, too, at: http://www.nomorehoaxes.com/content/view/22/1/

As some have said, I feel it is vitally important to be aware of of truths rather than be ignorant, even if ignorance may seem like bliss- it is only in the short term which only brings greater pain when the truth is forced upon those whose eyes are closed. :(

*I hope people understand my reason for posting threads on these topics are motivated by my desire to help make as many as possible aware so they can choose what to do, what to believe, and hopefully help bring about a better world for each of us. This is what else I do to realize there ARE things I can do, be them seemingly small or not.

Peace to us all. :)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I can reccommend a book that helped me.. Pema Chodron “When things fall apart” She is big into meditation and understanding/becoming at peace with the world through taking simple steps each day and practicing some simple mental clarity excercises. I’m athiest but still find that meditation helps alot, as it focuses on being at peace.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

There are some articles here by John Robbins: http://www.foodrevolution.org/being_human.htm http://www.foodrevolution.org/ That really describe what you’re talking about. I haven’t yet read his books, but other raw folks reccommend his books.

On his website, he talks about the following: “Approximately 6,000 people perished in the September 11th attacks.Our nation reels from that despicable brutality.But those who died from the attacks on that tragic day were not alone.On September 11th, 35,000 children worldwide died of hunger.A similar number of children died on September 12th,and again on the 13th, and on every single day since then.Meanwhile, we in the U.S. feed 80% of our grain harvest to livestock so that a people whose cholesterol levels are too high can have cheap meat.”

“We

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

yes, i’m right there with you moth.

our water is hugely contaminated, we are all being medicated without our consent. in the u.s. most state impose mandatory fluoridation to the water supply. we are not given a choice ! fluoride calcifies the pineal gland. do a little research, if you dare… fluoride is the main ingredient in prozac (fluoxitine) hence why it makes people feel apathetic and unemotional.

its mind control, and yes i do think there are some evil people conspiring against the general population.

• Speaking of government control, has anyone seen this yet? Scary as **. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo

• Right on StylishChick!

and another link from the same site about the pineal gland.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/

• ok so how bout all us raw foodist..leftist anti conspiricasist..X-files freaks hey look the chupacabra!..Just kidding…kinda… anyway how bout us all get together and start a revolution…buy a small island or make one like that guy in mexico…pop bottles with air…net and then topsoil and plants …floating eden… then we can seperate from the “gov”...The MAN or who/what ever is “the problem” Who’s with me…VIVA LA FREAKA”S!!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

are there any islands left? wonder how that floating eden fares in storms though…

• Haha Ambikalee!

I, for one, am not running away. THEY can go,not us. ;) But seriously, we can’t outrun them since they are pushing this across the world. We HAVE to find the way to change things ourselves- stop them with changing ourselves… it has to be in our ways and our actions.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I LOVE this thread! THANK YOU ALL so much for taking the time to reply! ::::huggles all around!!:::: :-)

I am using writing as an outlet right now, and it’s working wonderful.

There’s a lot of amazing ideas in here. I love seeing how other people cope with being human in this day and age!

‘normal people’ might think i’m a conspiracy theorist, but sadly, truth is stranger than fiction.

• Haha StylishChick! I guess I’m proud not to be “normal” then! I’m right there with you! I don’t care anymore what others think as long as they wake up in time to help us all help ourselves out of this horrible mess we’re in.