Need a boost....

Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

so i have never been raw or a vegan or anything like that..just have been german all my life..;-)..ok..not kidding now. I did a detox for 3 weeks and i did SOO good for being a milk drinker and meat eater and a big fan of Jack in the box (i think only exist in TX..or not?!)..i did really good and felt great, now the detox is over and i have to say i am not really craving all the stuff i ate before but i caught myself eating a pretzel at the mall and drank some “organic” milk with coco puffs (at least from whole foods) today and last night my husband brought me chicken fajita pita from jack in the box cause he was soo proud of me..lol. I wasnt even “starving” for that stuff and I dont really want to put all kinds of shit back into my body. Can I get a boost or some kind words..so i know it happened to others before. And why in the world did I even ate that when i had no cravings for it.

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i know what you mean. geez… i go through the same thing when my mom makes tomato sauce… i don’t even want it, but it brings back some emotional memory from my childhood. my dad does the same thing with wine. i think it’s important not to deny things that i seem to want… it took me a few years to not want cookies or stuff like that. i can honestly look at a german chocolate cake, a plate of lemon squares, or some oatmeal cookies and think “yuck!” so that’s an accomplishment i think. but the marinara sauce will have it’s day…

good luck! you can TOTALLY do this!

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

thank you. I think it is ok to sometimes eat what you crave but it made me mad that I wasnt even craving it, i think i just ate because i know i can..if that makes any sense.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

yep. that makes total sense. happened to me MANY a time. =)

i was going to say also the thing that got me to me rethink eating animal products was reading DIET FOR A NEW AMERICA. have you read it? i always (sort of) new about factory farming, how contaminated the animals were etc… but what really got me to shun meat (well, fish really… i was pescatarian at that point) was this one point that he made about when we eat something that had experienced that kind of pain we are ingesting that pain. for some reason that really struck me. i know we all have our “awakenings” but that was definitely mine. from there on out i literally felt repelled by flesh, or any biproducts. whereas before, i’d be pretty accepting if someone “forgot” to serve me pasta with the cheese… i just couldn’t eat it after that.

my point is that it wasn’t something i forced. it just takes time. and sometimes it happens in cycles. like you experience raw in your detox, you revert (but this time with more knowledge) and then you are able to see the difference and make some better choices later…

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

i read the book skinny bitch and had to skip a few pages where they had interviewed peopel who worked at a slaughterhouse…it made me cry amd like you said..they wrote in the book..all you eat is fear and pain..i also cant get that out of my head. Maybe it will really sink in one day and i can just let go of the meat.