Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

veggie smoothie with fruits

someone told me you can “hide” lots of veggies in a fruit smoothie and not even taste it..so I tried and gosh…YIKES..i had to throw it away. I probably didnt do it right or prob have to use a certain fruit that overpowers the veggies….does anyone know? thanks you soo much for your help..

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

spinach and lettuce are milder than most greens. in “green for life” there are lot of great green smoothie recipes… actually, type “green smoothie” on this site and you’ll get a LOT of ideas.

• i did a frozen peach one with a bit of spinach and some honey. it turned out ok enough that my 7 yr old bro7sis would drink it

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

The only fruit I like in my green smoothies is half a peeled lemon or lime,the taste is so crisp and you can’t taste the strong flavour of the greens.

• I put bananas in with the spinach for my green smoothies. For me the banana flavor overpowers the spinach. I drink them everyday.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i’ve made spinach with 2 pears and a banana. the banana gives it sweetness and a smoother texture and the pears tend to over power the spinach. i can even hide a cucumber in there too. i also put half a squeezed lemon in today and it tasted perfect!

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

Thank you guys, I will try all of them and see which ones i like best…i will let you know what works for me…

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

I think if you use a sweet apple, lemon, and some honey it tastes pretty good.