Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is coconut flour raw?

Is coconut flour raw? I have been using it in my raw recipes and would like to find out! Thanks!

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

what is it? ground up coconut?

• As long as when the coconut is dehydrated it’s not higher than 118 and is unsulphered then I consider it to be raw. I’m sure there is someone else who is better informed than me though lol.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

and what about the dry shredded coconut,? i buy organic, but i wonder about its rawness

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Read the label. It should say not heated above…

NaturalZing.com sells raw coconut… but I haven’t looked anywhere else.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Here’s a link for coconut flour dehydrated at 98 degrees:

http://www.livingtreecommunity.com/store2/produ…

superkat92: I think they grind it up, instead of shredding it like they do with dried coconut.

I get my dry shredded coconut at the co-op. It’s made by Edwards & Sons, under the Let’s Do Organic label. They dehydrate at 105 (or was it 95?) degrees. In any case, it’s raw. I had to e-mail them for the info. :)

• We carry a Raw Certified Organic coconut flour in Canada. It is what is leftover from the pressing of fresh coconuts for the raw DME or extra virgin coconut oils. Here’s the link for those interested in Canada http://www.rawnutrition.ca/html/alpha_raw_cocon…

• Pancake OrganicsPancake Organics Raw Newbie

Coconut flour is made from ground and dried coconut meat. Once the outer green husk of a coconut is removed, what remains inside is the rich, inner white lining which is the coconut meat. Coconut flour is not actually “flour” in the way we normally think of it; it contains zero grains, zero nuts, and is made completely of pure coconut.

• HelenGreeneHelenGreene Raw Newbie

yes, it is.

Coconut Flour Nutrition Benefits:

1. It aids in metabolism

2. High in fiber

3. It helps to maintain a healthy blood sugar level

4. Helps in digestion

• stellabahl Deletedstellabahl Deleted Raw Newbie

Yes it is. Coconut flour is a great grain-free, gluten-free flour that's high in protein and fiber and low in carbs.

It is a complete Superfood:

1. Great Grain Replacement
    2. Protein
    3. Antimicrobial
    4. Good for the Brain and Body
    5. Beneficial for Blood Sugar