Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The AVOCADO

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

They are heavenly in a salad of romaine lettuce, onions, mushrooms, and my favorite dressing of raw olive oil and red wine vinegar. I LOVE to get a chunk of avocado, drench it in the dressing, and smush a piece of onion on it. Ohhhhhh, god so good. MOTH, I thought I was the only one on here that doen’t eat nuts and seeds anymore!! Avocado really does the trick when your craving something. I also just started eating raw dairy which is also amazing.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Too much is when they don’t sound good anymore. :)

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

This sounds odd, but i like my diced up and then topped with raw red sauerkraut and some chopped up Kalamata olives. Sounds kinda odd, but it tastes soooooo good! I also just tried it as a Chocolate pudding (with Carob) and it was delicious – kinda surprising since i like avacado’s so much and I hate to try new things with them (because they taste so good as they are). So, i started having a pudding craving and i had a 1/2 avacado and i decided blending it with Agave and Carob powder and it was so surprisingly like the real chocolate pudding! Amazing!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

carrie – chocolate mouse made with avo and a little banana and raw honey is FANTASTIC. looove the stuff – especially with fresh sliced strawberries.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I am on a HUGE guacamole kick! I cannot get enough and I’m about to make some right now, hehe. :-)

• I mush half an avocado mixed with lime juice and pepper into almost every salad I eat. I also love making avocado chocolate pudding. And guacamole! Oh, the guacamole…

I hear mango and avocado are sublime together, but every time I have either I eat it immediately. I’ve never managed to synchronized having both in my house at the same time. One day.

Carrie – I have tried avo/cacao pudding, but it sounds really good with carob! Thanks for the idea. And red sauerkraut and Kalamata olives – yum! I looked at both today but didn’t buy either. Now I know why I will next time :)

• I was at a restaurant that threw some pomegranate seeds into their guacamole. Adds a very nice flavor!

put lime and pepper on sliced avocado. then roll it in sesame seeds and sprinkle cilantro on top. Magnifique!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

i have a friend from Brazil who said that before he moved to the US, the only way he’d had it was blended with milk and sugar. that sounded unbearable to me until now. how about with a little nut milk and a couple of dates? i am going to try it and get back to you. would that qualify as a green smoothie ;)

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

i have a friend from Brazil who said that before he moved to the US, the only way he�d had it was blended with milk and sugar. that sounded unbearable to me until now. how about with a little nut milk and a couple of dates? i am going to try it and get back to you. would that qualify as a green smoothie ;)

*I have made one of these. YUM! I didn’t use dates tho, I used honey. It was SO yummy!

Winona – YUM! That almost has me drooling on my keyboard :)

• I love avocado and bananna with a pinch of sea salt. maybe not the best combo, but oh so palatable.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

colo- arguably that could be a good combo since they both combine as starches. do you blend it in a pudding? or have it like a chop salad?

Angie – glad you like my recipe! (lime and pepper, roll it in sesame seeds, cilantro)

it is like a fantastic finger food. or it would be great in nori wraps for some raw sushi. or served on slices of cucumber or tomato. i just guzzle it down as it is.

Winona – Yay, finger foods! I soooo want to try that soon – I need to buy more avocados.

I just had an avocado taste explosion! -sliced tomatoes -diced fresh basil leaves -avocado, sliced -salt

Sprinkle the basil and salt on the tomato and avocado. Grab a forkful of an avocado and a tomato piece. Devour!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Winona, I will have to try that! MMMmmmm…

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

lzhpt said: “Had one tonight blended w/ spinach and herbs for Dr. Cousens

Krystale – The spinach pie lzhpt was talking about probably came from the book Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine by Dr. Gabriel Cousens, since I know she has recently read it – it gave me the same reaction as you! Dumb thing is, I HAVE the book but have been too lazy/stressed/busy getting ready for finals, so I haven’t looked it up yet – maybe next week…

That’s funny Angie, because that book is sitting right next to me and it didn’t even occur to me to look. I’ll do that next. What’s really funny is it’s my friend Angie’s book, and were she online right now I’d have asked and she’d have told me to look. Thank you very much. (I’m also going to squeeze in a thankyou for all your informative comments everywhere!) NOTE: Actually… not in Rainbow Green, nor the Complete Book of Raw, nor the Raw Food Detox Diet. Spinach pie? Where are you? LOL

That’s too funny about your friend Angie’s book :D Maybe in his book “Conscious Eating” – I haven’t read that one – don’t know if it has recipes? I looked in my other book by him, “There is a Cure For Diabetes” – it has recipes, but the spinach pie is not there, either. lzhpt, where are you?

Oh, and thanks for thanking me for comments – some days I feel like all I do is comment, comment, comment – good to know someone appreciates it :) I also love avocados in lemon pie, but I never made one like the one you gave the link to – wow! Mine are much more simple and I haven’t made one in a while. I made one once and took some to my friend’s apartment, and his roommate eats really healthy (his mom & sis are raw but not him). Anyway, the roommate wanted to pay me to make him one, until he found out how much it would cost just for ingredients; now he just keeps begging me to bring over more food to share ;)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

to to gliving.greenchefs.tv and there will be a spinach pie recipe somewhere on there. it’s a raw site.

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Okay, make the onion bread on here, and then top that with avocado, roma tomatoe, salt, pepper, and garlic. Today I made a salad with chopped kale, carrots, broccoli, then I mashed the avocado on the side, added some agave, a bit of salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. That was my dressing. Oh, and I had some quinoa sprouts in that bad boy too!

I’m eating avo now – vitamixed with cacao, strawberries, and mango. served w/ strawberry slices. mmmmm!

Winona! That sounds sooooo good – I have been wanting a new idea for an avocado-based pudding pie. Thanks!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Krystale and angie: Look up Popeye’s Spinach Pie in Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine. It’s on page 187. I had trouble find it, too! Looks real yummy, I’ll have to try it sometime. LOL. :)

Achin70: Thanks! Angie: I swear I have a few raw friends who invite me around meal times just because they know I’ll bring stuff to cover me, just in case. Seeing as I love having my food praised (who doesn’t?) I share. LOL Hey, if it spreads good health, why not? Lemon pie is on my list to try. The lime pie just looks so perfect with the cheery green of the avocados.

• Alright, alright – I will try them again. It sounds like a bit of lemon and salt and maybe a few tomatoes will go well. I don’t go crazy for them – they are ok but I find them a bit bland. Now, I did make some avocado mayo that was fantastic. Also, I find my taste buds are changing dramatically so we’ll see. Thanks for the ideas everyone.