Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How much weight have you lost?

Hi all,

I’m just starting out (started on Friday) ..really inspired by Natalie Rose’s “raw detox diet” book….I’ve been doing mostly raw till dinner, not that hard so farrr….but having lightly cooked sprouted grain pasta and veggies for dinner…

How long can I expect to see results of any sort? By the way, I have been getting deep headaches these past 3 days, I’m guessing because of the transition!

Looking forward to becoming part of this community!

Comments

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

First of all, welcome to the board! :-)

I’ve lost about 20 pounds so far. 10 of those were from a 14 day cleanse I did, the rest was over the 5 months (approx). I’ve been off and on raw though, and very rarely 100%, so I’m sure you’ll get quicker results.

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Hi. I have lost 12 pounds so far. Once I increase my exercise, I’m sure I will drop more. Welcome and good luck.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi and welcome aboard!

Just wanted to show you my hubby’s before and afters because they are sooo inspirational, Check them out here: http://purelyraw.com/ourstories.htm It took him about 3 years to lose the weight. Most of it came off just by going vegan and stopping eating processed food, before he went raw. One of his best tips is to compliment the raw food by thinking yourself thin too. Instead of standing at the mirror thinking “Am I losing weight? Am I still fat?” It isn’t helpful so, and try to brainwash yourself and see youself as a thin healthy person. Say positive affirmations instead of worrying like ” I am at my perfect weight” “I am healthy and toned” etc. A good book is The Only Diet There Is, by Sondra Ray. I know two women who lost huge amounts of weight by using her positive thinking techniques.

Transitioning takes time, some people take a while to lose weight, others it just drops off. I have a friend who has lost 7 stones in her first 7 weeks. Which is pretty extreme I think, but she was over heavy 28 stones to start with.

Feeling very, very happy and emotionally stable is my personal favourite reason for being raw, you’ll find all sorts of wonderful things start to be healed and happen as you continue your journey.

More water and more greens will help those headaches.

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

Wow! That’s incredible! I barely recognize your husband, Zoe! Tell him he looks great!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I started last fall and have lost 43 pounds so far. I have to loose much more. I was very obese but still, I loose rather slowly, not at the dramatic pace that some of our more famous raw foodists on the Web have lost. I was reading about 20 pounds a month, for example. Frankly, I find it hard to believe, but I suspect they were eating enormous amounts of calories before, not just cooked food. To be fair, however, I doubt I work out as much, and I’m not very active.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hi heyitsmahsa, i’ve been 99% raw for 1 month now. I haven’t lost any weight yet. I’m certainly not trying to lose any – i eat as much fruit and veg and green smoothies as i’m hungry for. (often every 3 hours i’ll have at least a piece of fruit). I’m 5’6” and 135lbs, so i’m fine with my current weight. i try for 1800 calories a day, with only 1/2 cup nuts. I encourage you to eat as much as you want during your first month. I’ve been SO hungry the whole time, so i just eat regularly. also, realize that you can eat 15-20 cups of fruit in a day to reach 1500-1800 calories (less if you eat fats – oils/nuts) that’s a lot of fruit! so don’t hold back. I hear that weight loss will come later, and your appetite will reduce too.

• I was an ok weight before, not thin and not fat. But after eating 90% raw I have lost 10 pounds in two months. My weight seems to fluctuate 1 to 2 pounds depending on the day. I know that if I exercise the weight will come off much faster.

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

i gained 8 lbs.

• gained?? lol

• I lost about 5lb in 2 weeks…which for me is GREAT. I’ve never been able to lose more than 1lb a week till now, besides I only had about 15 to lose (well 10 now). I also have been walking 4-6miles a day or doing an hour of yoga (I used to do an hour of walking/running intervals on the tmill, which was way harder) so I am actually exercising less. I’m so excited by this, I really want to be back at my normal weight by the end of June and I am on track to do so.

• have people who have never even met you before said ‘you’re too thin…’ and all the rest?? strange i’ve been eating so much since only eating raw and have lost over 2 stones in 3 months… was listening today to revell on rawkin radio with marcus rothkranz who was saying something about fasting for weight gain if you find it hard to put on weight…i didnt give it full attention so here it is http://rawkinradio.com/

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I lost 15 pounds in the first two weeks, which was awesome!

• I’ve only been raw for about three weeks and have probably only lost about a pound. I don’t really need to lose weight, I am about 5’ 5 1/2” and like 129 or 130 but pretty athletic. It would be nice however to lose about five pounds and I’d be thrilled. I was thinking about doing some kind of juice fast or cleanse… any suggestoins? oh and I have been running three miles probably four to five days a week

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i lost about 4 pounds the first 2 weeks i went raw, but that’s probably all i need and should lose. i’m barely 4’ 11” and i’m about 99 pounds now. i’m a runner and i want to keep my athletic shape- fat loss is fantastic though.

• jsorensens2jsorensens2 Raw Jr. Superstar

8 pounds in 32 days. 15 more to go.

• I went raw August 2007 and have lost 75 pounds so far. Started at 264 and now am at 189. I still have some love handles though and haven’t last those yet. :(

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

I lost 15 pounds on the 21 days of detox.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

no idea what i weigh now or before. don’t believe in scales. BUT, i can tell i’ve morphed down by having to buy an entirely new wardrobe. congrats to everyone for achieving your goals! it feels SO much better to be lighter. =)

• wow i hope to lose the amount you guys did!

• I also started out with Natalia Rose’s Raw Detox Diet, then gradually dropped the cooked meal in the evening to go pretty much 100% raw. In 11 months I have lost 61 pounds.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

wow barbraw, congrats! that’s a great accomplishment.

• Hey, Heyitsmahsa:) I think you look great already I lost 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks and my Fiance is already complaining:) I’m 5”6 and weigh 145 would like to be 135. Take Care

• aw lol misty thanks, you look great also! your weight seems perfect dont lose anymore haha

• Thank you Muahhhh:)