Vegetables and oxalates?

Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I was reading how it’s best to widely vary the vegetables you eat or else your body will accumulate too many oxalates and develop an allergy to that vegetable. Is this true? Does it apply to juicing as well?

Comments

• Yea, I also heard that it is good to eat a variety of veggies, because of the oxalates, but I didn’t heard about the allergy thing. Well, another reason to be more careful As I know the veggies high in oxalates are the following: spinach, rhubarb, beets, chard. I think it is true for the juicing too, even more because when you are juicing the nutrients and the anti-nutrients like oxalic acid become more accessible, because the fibers are removed.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

So does this mean that I have to have a ton of recipes and switch them around? I was planning on finding a handfull of really yummy green smoothie and salad recipes and mostly sticking to those, but now I don’t know what to do. When I try a recipe which is only alright I tend to want something cooked after. How often does every one else switch things around, or how many recipes form your staples? Am I just being crazy and overly analytical???

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

YOU are not crazy just trying to do the right thing as we all are… I try to eat some dark green, orange and red vegetables twice a day… Then at the market, you can make the appropriate choices that are in season… I know this doesn’t really answer your question but maybe it will help in a small way… Also my first meal of the day contains only many colorful fruits…

• I like to experiment with new things!

My breakfast is usually a green smoothie with some spinach, parsley, chard, cilantro or dandelions ( I try to vary it) witk some fruit oranges or apples, pears, pineapples, bananas and some berries. I sprinkle ground flax on top.

For the other meals my staples are: another green smoothie, kale wraps, nori wraps, tahini, zucchini hummus, pesto, guacamole, sprouted buckwheat salad, buckwheat cereal with some nut or sesame milk and cinnamon. What I have besides these are experiments, some from this site and some by myself.. Don’t stress about it, if you don’t eat exactly the same every day you don’t have to worry too much!