Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Where are YOU having trouble?

2»

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Dinner is tough for me but the munchies are the worst. Sometimes I just want to munch on something like popcorn, where you can eat a ton and it’s not the end of the world. I realize that the purpose of food is not to keep our mouths busy, but it’s nice during a movie and if I eat nuts like popcorn I would be in trouble. I guess veggies are the obvious answer but they’re just not the same to me.

Winona – today my husband and daughter got ice cream and when my husband asked me to hold his for a second I found myself taking inhaling it – not eating it – sniffing it, taking deep breaths of chocolate peanut butter cut to see if that would do it for me. My daughter thought it was hilarious.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have trouble when I am tired or in a hurry, which seems to be a lot lately. I have just ordered some raw breads and snacks from www.granolasspecialtyfoods.com and they help a lot. (The website is omshanti’s) A lot of her recipes are on here, at least the breads, but it is so nice to just have it ready and I can make the stuff that is easier, to go on it. Also I can take the cookies, nuts, crackers, etc. to school with me. I also have started making a lot of liquid meals – shakes, etc. that are filling, nutritious and quick to make, and I remembered how easy it is to eat some fruit or cut up a bunch of veggies and have them with a simple dressing. For lunch today I ate a huge head of cauliflower cut up and marinated in dressing. It took a little while to cut up the cauliflower, but I didn’t have to plan ahead 3 days and sprout and dehydrate, etc. :)

rawprincess1 – The manna bread was great for me at first, too. Now, I have a juicer that also mushes things (apples into applesauce, sprouted grains into dough, etc.) as well as a dehydrator, so I sprout wheat and barley and make a simple bread that I can then top with all kinds of stuff. It is simple, cheap, filling and nutritious. Sprouted grains have a lot of protein. If I make a raw mayo, and have the sprouted bread available, I can make an open-faced sandwich with whatever veggies and sprouts I have on hand, and it is yummy and simple! I used to do a similar thing with the manna bread, but I used olive oil and salt before I knew how to make the mayo. The other day I had tomato & mayo sandwiches – yum!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Amysue- sniffing ice cream, haha that’s great! the smells of cooked food are the only thing that would make me break down. luckily, i can completely avoid them. in fact, i am never around cooked food. that’s the number one reason why i’m successful. for those who have SAD families, perhaps try taking your raw food for a picnic during dinnertime (if you’re not obligated to stay home with the family).

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

For me it’s more like that the only part that I’m NOT having trouble with is that I see it improving my life, and the number of recipies and potential combinations I havn’t explored fill my creative food obsessive compulsion.

• angie you just gave me a great idea!

i have been having an insane craving for a BLT, and now i think mayo, tomato, some of the eggplant bacon from this site and lettuce would make a great sandwich. i wish i could find bread that i liked though…haven’t had much luck with that.

since everyone is discussing their challenges, right now i am having serious trouble with night snacking on salty things, like tortilla or rice chips. i feel gross all the time and exhausted, but i can’t stop reaching for the food. i’m trying to stock my house with more raw snacks so that at least i’m snacking on raw stuff.

lalala – I’m glad! I made the bacon (queenfluff’s version). It didn’t taste exactly like bacon, but it was good – I ate the whole batch! It was good just as a salty snack. I think if you get a mild bread and have a good sauce/mayo and toppings, the sandwiches will be good. The bread I used for the mayo & tomato sandwiches was just sprouted wheat & barley with a little garlic oil brushed on after dehydrating (not much flavor), but I loaded on the salty mayo and ripe tomatoes, and I was kinda glad the bread was flavorless :) Good luck to you. If I make the “raw bacon” again, I’ll definitely have to make a bigger batch!

Oh, yeah – you could also try a BLT lettuce wrap – if the breads really don’t do it for you?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

lalala I have been tempted by my husband’s tortilla chips. they were a huge weakness for me in the past. I made some pumpkin seed crackers. I also have my cupboard stocked “just in case” with nuts, packaged raw stuff. Although I really haven’t needed it at much as I thought i would. But it is nice to know there is something there. I have this thing about living on a restricted diet that makes me worry I might get into a situation that I can’t eat anything. So I preemptively eat so I won’t starve later. Bad habit!