Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What did I experience?

I didn’t want to make a big deal of this incident, but the more I think about it the more alarmed I become. I was at a Living Foods lecture the other day (hosted by Paul Nison) and I completely lost concentration. No matter how hard I tried to focus I couldn’t. Then I began to lose vision in my right eye and my face felt a bit odd (numbness I suppose.) Eventually the vision was almost completely gone in my right eye, and soon the loss trailed into my left. I saw triangles with shimmering rainbows and prisms. Slowly my vision came back and in the middle of the lecture he had us stand up, I got really dizzy and thought for sure my legs were going to give out and my head pulsated. Finally, a horrible headache overcome my whole head, as if it were in between steel clamps. That headache followed me throughout the rest of the day, but lightened up as the hours passed. The next day I was at work and I felt “off.” I didn’t know how to describe my body’s feeling, but it wasn’t right. I surely didn’t feel like myself. I once again couldn’t focus and my whole world seemed off. Not to mention I felt entirely sluggish and lazy.

Please, does anybody know what I experienced or what may have caused such an issue?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Please see a doctor ASAP! What you describe could indicate something that needs immediate attention and could be serious in nature. If they don’t find anything, then you will know it was simply a blip.

• Oh yes, please go to a doctor. I had something very very similar happen to me 8 years ago, and it would happen repeatedly. Turned out my blood sugar was out of whack and I am hypoglycemic (from eating so crappy for years) I still have to watch my fruit and sweetner intake, but since droppping processed foods, white starches and massive amounts of fruit, I have stabilized it. This was the beginning of realizing I had the potential to become diabetic and needed to get my sh*t together. It needs to be seen by a professional as soon as you can.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I really have not idea of what is going on, but I have search for detox symptoms and I find this:

http://www.therawfoodsite.com/forum/showthread….

It says among other things:

• Headaches/ Migraines
  • yes I would say go to the doctor too. I would be freaking out if I lost my eye sight! So of what you wrote did remind of when I would have aura with a migriane, but the aura was never so bad to lose sight completely, some areas would just become fuzzy or like greyed out and i would always see “dancing lights”/shimmering rainbows.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

my vote is for low blood sugar, hypoglycemia.

at any point did you sweat profusely?

how long ago had you eaten when this happened?

on this diet it is important to eat a little something every few hours. if it is low blood sugar, you would feel better within 15 mins by consuming something with a fair amount of carbs/sugar (carrot juice, orange juice, a few dates or figs) it could be something more serious, and you should see a doctor if it persists. although doctors have a hard time diagnosing hypoglycemia unless you are experiencing it in their office. you can buy a meter to check your levels for about $20. if you were on the threashthold of blacking out it wouldn’t be unusual to partially lose eyesight, and definately hearing—that has happened to me many times.

but i’m no doctor, and headaches can mean theres something else going on.

• Well, I can rule out detox. My detox stages were very dramatic. It took almost seven months to fully detox and that was over a year ago. I don’t think it could be low blood sugar either, because I have been eating crazy amounts of grapes, strawberries, and bananas lately. I didn’t get any heat sensations and I had eaten not too long before this had happened. Maybe it could be high blood sugar? I’m SO weirded out by doctors! I don’t know what to do! I feel as if they don’t wish to cure whatever the problem is, rather they want to mask it by rolling pills down my throat. I also fell as if they don’t care about their patients, but more so their wallets. If I go see a doc, should I just get bloodwork?

• Oh, and I should also mention that I usually have bright clear skin. And right now I have an achne-like rash on my face. :( I’m not sure if it’s connected, but somehow it just may be.

• Chakra essence, I really understand how you feel about doctors, but you really, really MUST go SOON. You have some very distressing symptoms that need to be investigated. It’s important to know what is going on. Don’t let them intimidate you—ask a lot of questions, and don’t let yourself be hurried out of the office. And if you don’t like the first doctor, get a second opinion. And while you are going through this, also support your body. Get lots of rest, eat, meditate, get some energy work or other form of bodywork (of course, it’s best to know what’s going on first before you see any kind of alternative practitioner. I practice CranioSacral and Polarity Therapy and it’s best if the practitioner knows what is going on before working on you). Please take care of yourself.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

chakra~ Since you get anxious with doctors (most of us do have some level of anxiousness), go with someone you trust and who is willing to be your advocate. Write down what you experienced before you go so in case you go “blank” in the office, you will be able to give the doctor a good description. Take all the tests the doctor suggests. I get your concerns, but with issues of the sort you describe, the more info the better. People in cyberville can give you some great suggestions, but no one in cyberville can properly diagnose you since what you describe could be attributed to many different causes. The tests can better identify what may be going on. After the doctor reviews the tests, you have ultimate control as to what path to wellness you choose. Since you know that all allopathic doctors are schooled in pharmaceuticals, you have power to choose that path or not. But first, find out what is going on. It is important you go ASAP.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

to get those type of symptoms from high blood sugar, you would be dangerously diabetic, and i think you would have some other clues in how you are feeling day to day. extreme thirst, frequent urination, yeast infections that won’t go away, being extremely tired all the time.

i think someone else said this, but maybe it was a migraine and you were getting an aura just before the headache came on.

good luck with the doctor, you really ought to get checked out.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

chakra essence: Yes, I agree, seeing a doctor is a good idea.

I’ve read that consuming a lot of fruit can lead to symptoms of hypoglycemia. I don’t know if that’s what you experienced, since you ate not long before these symptoms hit. Here’s a post from a few weeks ago:

http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/4384

Foods rich in protein, fiber, minerals will help you stabilize your blood sugar. Cinnamon, rich in chromium, (perhaps a therapeutic dose, check with someone who knows more than me) also helps.

Sprouts are a great source of protein and complex carbs. Hemp protein powder and green superfoods like chlorella or spriulina will give you some extra calories and protein. Maca is rich in protein and minerals. Young coconut, from what I

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

please go to a doctor. my mom had those same experiences and it was a small stroke. called a tia, i think. http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?id…

i agree fully with bluedolfin, beautiful advice. make yourself feel safe first and please go.

let us know how your doing…

• I had the same type of symptoms several years ago and they turned out to be migraine headaches. I read somewhere that it was due to a vitamin B deficiency so I started taking a B complex and they went away. But to be sure you could get it checked out.

As far as the rash is concerned, I just looked up vitamin B deficiency symptoms and rashes are listed as one of them. So that could be it…just a guess.

I’m not a doctor lover either – I avoid them at all costs – but I do see homeopathic or herbal doctors sometimes. They are almost always spot on and I get to avoid all the testing that regular doctors usually want to do. Plus I find that alternative doctors/healers are more receptive to an “alternative” diet or lifestyle. So you never have to defend your way of life like I have had to do with so many doctors.

Good luck.

• SueSue Raw Newbie

I fainted during a fast last year and eventually went to the Dr. All they did was blood work and I found out I was anemic, so I had to increase my iron. Definitely get some bloodwork done. A competent doctor will be able to check for any abnormalities based on your blood levels. Good luck.

• DItto, stRAWberry – i get these exact symptoms and I have a DX of migraines.

could definitely be a migraine. You should see a doctor.

• Oh, WOW You guys are absolutely the best. Thanks for all your support, concerns and feedback. I’m going to do my best to get into a “trustworthy” office this week. Again, THANKS so much!