Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What could it be?

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey everyone. I’ve been feeling pretty low the past few days. Just feeling listless, like I have no energy, dizzy, lightheaded, weak and emotional. Previous to this I was feeling GREAT, bouncing off the walls, so much energy I didn’t know what to do with it, euphoria.

I’m not sure what happened or what I can do to help myself feel better. :-( My diet hasn’t changed, I still eat the same stuff. I mostly eat:

bananas pineapple kiwi kale spinach romaine broccoli blackberries

I also have an avocado every other day or few days or so.

I eat what feels to be LARGE amounts, so much that it triggers my guilt for binging. Yet I am not feeling my energy like I was…I feel pretty darn low, lightheaded, etc, all the things I just mentioned. I was exercising a ton all last week and now I feel like I don’t even want to crawl out of bed.

Any help? What could this be? I just want to feel like my best again.

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

update:

I might have needed greens. I can’t stop eating them. My lunch has lasted over an hour and it’s been all greens of various types. Maybe I should go high green for awhile and see how I feel.

• Could be detox, drink plenty of water. Could be blood sugar, make sure you eat plenty of fiber with your fruit, you probably know that already. Your body could be rebuilding from all the exercise, so I would cut down on it but don’t stop, and rest a lot. I get like you are talking about from time to time. Drink lots of water, rest, and don’t worry about eating too much unless you are gaining and eating too many fats/sweets. All my humble opinion, of course.

• That is why I thought to add fiber, like greens, to your fruit. Good that you are listening to your body!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I think I was eating too much fruit without noticing it. The greens definitely help me feel more balanced and “stabilized.” My head doesn’t feel so much like a floatation device right now, heh.

My fat sources are an avocado every other day or so, and olive oil drizzled on my salads. I avoid nuts and seeds.

I tend to feel guilty about eating too much raw because of my SAD overeating habits from a few months ago (raw for 4 months now) but according to the calorie charts, I’m not actually eating that much. It just FEELS like I am.

Over the next few days I’ll load up on the greenage. I was exercising pretty frantically, burning over 1000 cals in a session. Maybe it was too much…

I didn’t know there was such a thing as TOO MUCH exercise, but maybe…

• Actually, you can overdo it on the exercise. It depends on you. Athletes can actually decrease their immunity by doing too much. Marathon runners, and the like. Your body needs time to repair itself. You actually lose red blood cells through the soles of your feet. Weird, eh? Consistency is much better. I tend to do the same thing, if some is good, more must be better! Do you avoid nuts for weight control? I think we all gravitate towards what we need, if we pay attention to our bodies, but that only happens after we adjust to raw for awhile, I think. Do make sure you get enough calories, that can give you that “flotation device” feeling too. It’s the blood sugar. I’ve had the same problem. I have to eat at least every 2 hours, and I eat more in the late afternoon to get me through the night. I hope you feel much better soon!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

maybe try extra naps, sleeping more? or giving yourself complete rest for hours every few days – no stimulation (tv/internet/etc) just relaxation.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Yeah, I’m the same way; it seems I need to eat SOMETHING every two hours or so. I haven’t been doing that lately, because I got into the “I need to lose more weight,” type of swing along with the extra exercise. I don’t eat nuts or seeds because they make me feel very heavy, and too full…

I’m kinda a weirdo with food; I have a lot of emotional/control issues with it. I don’t like my stomach to feel full at all. I seem to be able to eat A LOT of greens and not feel too full or weighed down so maybe this is the ticket. Fruit DOES create a heavy and yet lightheaded feeling inside of me.

I like the napping idea too. I haven’t been getting more then six hours a night lately.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

hey moth, i think this is totally normal, i definately experienced this more than once. i got soooooo spaced out, it was good and bad. i think you need more nuts and seeds to ground you. if you are concerned about weightloss try sunflower, pumkin and flax seeds, and hemp seeds are the best! also, when going through detox you can have waves of feeling great and high energy and then lows, sometimes we go through layers of emotions that we’ve never dealt with, they just store right along with the fat . hang in there you’ll get through it.

• I find that if I am too concerned with weight loss, my stomach too full, etc, I tend to cheat/binge more easily or to get my self sick with low blood sugar, etc. That can mess with your metabolism also. SLOW, steady weight loss is the one that will stay. Love yourself, and feed yourself. Full is not a bad thing, full does not mean fat, it means you are healthy. Balance it out. I know because I have been there too, I used to model(as a teen) and had to starve myself. Please don’t get yourself sick.

• often times these feelings are more spiritual then anything. try getting into the bible a bit and doing some prayer. God is always there and waiting so make the first move.