Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Kelp Noodles? Kombu?

Couldn’t find kep noodles (sea tangle) anywhere local (yes, online, but who wants a case before tasting). I bought green kombu kelp noodles but can’t find out if they are raw. They are soaked in water and sodium bicarbonate). Please help! They are yummy! RAW or not? Thanks

Comments

• are they strange looking clear noodles? i found those at the grocery store once, the packaging claimed they were raw. i got them really cheap so i ate them. they were kinda gross, i mustve done something wrong.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

the fresh ones right? as far as i can tell there is no way they could be processed and taste like they’ve literally come out of the sea. the texture is intact, the flavor is pretty bland (like it would be).

i’d say raw.

• Thanks…they are green…can’t find the clear ones anyone other than online.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I bought a case of Sea Tangle noodles. I thought that it might be easy to eat 12 packges in several weeks. It isn’t! One package is enough for two meals (for me) and several of the noodles have dried at the top and are inedible. Find someone to share the order with if you decide to buy them. They are raw according to the company and have very little taste. They remind me more of long mung bean sprouts than pasta, they’re crisp. They’re good, but I prefer zucchini noodles for pasta-like recipes.

This store sells them by the package.

http://www.goldminenaturalfood.com/raw/searchre…

• the sea tangle noodles can stay refrigerated for 6 months. mine are still doing fine a few months after purchase. i adore them, but sometimes i find i have no appetite for them even though they taste good. actually…that’s been happening a lot lately, so likely not about the noodles. hungry but not able to eat, another post altogether!

anyways, i adore them….i soak for about 10 minutes in warm water while i prepare the sauce and then leave them in the sauce for the morning (unrefrigerated) to soak in. usually end up eating them a couple of hours later and by then they are soft like bean thread noodles.

• Now I really want some!!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I use the sea tangle ones – the expiration date is usually months away. If you only use part of a package, just fold the top over and tape it shut so they don’t dry out. I love them with sun-dried tomato alfredo-tyoe sauces. I put the sauce on and let them sit for 10 min. or so and then eat them when they are partway in between crunchy and soft (the more lemon and salt in the sauce, the faster they soften). For marinara sauces I like them soft. Funny! Another way I like them is with Morroccan Olives from www.sunfood.com – I break up a few of the olives, dice some marinated or soaked sun-dried tomatoes, and break up some sunflower greens on top of the noodles. Then I pour some of the Morroccan Olive water over the whole thing, and sometimes a tiny bit of oil. The noodles don’t get soft, but I love the flavor combination. Good luck! The noodles dont taste much like anything by themselves, so they work with all kinds of flavors.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Mine didn’t last for 6 months, well, some might. I still have several packages. I flip them once in awhile now so the tops of the noodles are in liquid. I should try soaking them. I just rinsed and drained them when I ate them before.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I never rinse or soak them, but then I read on the package to rinse them before using. I did it once, but now I still never rinse them. I’m too lazy to do what doesn’t seem necessary. Plus, if I only eat half a package, then there is still some of the liquid to keep the rest from drying out? But I usually eat a whole package, unless it is an after-dinner snack. ;)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I feel like I could really use some sea veg in my diet and I’m totally new to the idea, so…

guess if Sea Tangle is completely raw, I will give them a try! I like hearing people talk about them.