Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Getting Fit

To me getting fit is just as important as eating so:

How do you like to get fit?

I like to do bodyweight exercise, hiking/walking!

How about you?

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I posted on the other string, but will make it short…

Weekdays: running or eliptical, toning Weekends: hiking

Other favorites: swimming, physical work in the yard/garden, yogo, pilates, dancing, and playing with my kids

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

I posted there too.

I work out with my tkd pal’s, walk and run with my kiddo’s, bounce on the trampoline (well not lately as I seriously sprained my ankle at the blasted laundromat). I also T-Tapp to keep my back and neck limber. And like I said on the other thread, I will begin heavy bag training as soon as we get into our new house, plus, hopefully, some running to build up my endurance.

• 9 hours of body bike a week, biking everywhere i go and pilates.

• I run 8-10 miles a day alternating with 30-50 mile bike rides. I do pilates 1-2x/week. And lots of push-ups:)

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

I enjoy strength training using my own body weight, yoga, and walking/hiking in the woods…. (hoping to get a bike soon)

• M-F Pilates, Sat-Sun Cardio

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

We like to spend time outdoors… so we walk, hike, mountain bike, road bike (with our mountain bike), rock climb, and my husband is trying to get me to snowboard in the winter. We’re just starting to do some exercise now that we have nicer weather and more time. We don’t like to spend time working-out indoors or in the gym… which keeps us from doing strength training. Any advice on an outdoor activity that provides strength training? I’m not much into group sports… so it has to be something I can do on my own. ...aside from the push-ups, sit-ups… I just can’t get motivated. But, should probably re-think it if I have to.

• I looooove to exercise! It feels so good! Especially here in Austin where you can exercise outside in the sun year round!

I am currently training for a triathlon so my workouts have consisted of trail runs, open water swimming (in lakes), road biking, and track and conditioning workouts.

I also love to hike, mountain bike, play tennis, pilates and yoga.

My friends mom says the key to health is to break a sweat once a day. I would say: break a sweat and eat raw food!