Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Do you shave pits/legs?

2»

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I pretty much go au naturel in wintertime and the rest of the time do as many Italians do – Epilady. Pits and legs. I’m not at all a furry critter, but my hubby doesn’t like pit fur. Epilady’s painful the first time, then afterwards it’s more of a tickle. The key is to do it at least every two weeks, otherwise it would be painful again. I have a really furry friend who does her arms, legs, thighs, crotch and pits with Epilady.

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

Less in winter, but usually about once a month on the legs, if I remember. Happy to hear the knee socks thing, I wear knee socks a lot since about a year ago. (Yay, raw organic lolita!) My pits are very sensitive and sometimes I have to shave because the friction burns and itches, although this is less of an issue since I switched to salt sticks for deoderant. Interestingly, being raised catholic, I never shaved above the knee and have never needed to. Over time as I’ve shaved I’ve noticed I need to less. It’s like a viscious cycle without the viscious.

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

I HAVE to shave..first because I am german and we are known for hairy underarms right?..lol…and second..I am partially indian and my hair is LONG and BLACK..you would not believe how long my hair can get on my legs..terrible, but i use the epilday also since I dont want to shave every 2 days, just cant use it on my underarms, too painfull..so i keep shaving there.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Krystale, Just curious, but what does being Catholic have to do with shaving above the knee? Here in Italy most women have their whole legs waxed. You never see a half hairy leg. Almost everyone’s Catholic here.

• I do shave my legs and pits (always the pits, I can be lazy on the legs) but I have never shaved my legs above the knee. That is the way my mother did, and I guess that is just how I learned to shave. But my leg hair is so blond above the knee, there is really no point in shaving it.