Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Only need tiny amounts of food?!

Hello!

I’m only on my first day of eating 75% raw but I have hardly eaten anything…I’m just not hungry…

I had a pint of green smoothie earlier this morning, then an apple while walking home from shopping…and that’s it…is this normal? I have had a chocolate craving, but only because I saw a chocolate wrapper in the bin, not from actual hunger…I would have expected to be starving by now!

Clarexxx

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i did not experience this. but here’s my guess: your body will be detoxing quite a bit and if it unused to getting so many nutrients in so little bulk, then it might give you the sign that it is full because it is working hard with what it has to detox. i’d guess that you would feel hungrier in the next few days when detox really kicks in. but you’re smart to go with the flow.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I have experience it, difficult to understand since I ate a lot before…

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

yep- I can relate here. Usually I just try to be intuitive…..good luck ! and congratulations for tuning in to your body : )

• just don’t be too alarmed if you swing the other way… like all of a sudden you need twelve bananas… that’s ok too.

• It’s funny, before I read “Green for Life,” I would make green smoothies and not be hungry. After I read the book, I was surprised to hear that the green smoothie will help with cravings. I was raw in 2003 and then again last year for about 4 months. This time around, I contacted a woman who suggested great things and one of them being the LifeFood Recipe Book by Annie and David Jubb. It’s a great all around book with a lot of variety. I wish I had seen this book in the beginning. Anyway, I always hear the raw rule, when you start out it’s basically anything raw you want, as long as its raw. And Mandelicious is right, sometimes you’re not hungry and then you want to eat 50 bananas. I think we do this how we can and try not to do what I did, which was beat myself up for doing it “wrong.”

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yep I can’t eat as much at once too. today I didn’t finish half my lunch that I packed. came back to it later though. I am grazing a lot.

• i am rarely “hungry” anymore. i dont really eat meals now. I feel better nibbling on different things throughout the day. maybe having a medium sized salad with some nuts/seeds, and salty dressing for dinner.

before i was raw i used to eat uncontrollably. i never felt satisfied.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

It changes constantly this need to eat and how much.I suspect as our bodies get cleaner and absorb real nutrition our lizard brains can ‘hear’ our bodies needs better. And just like everything else in life it all cycles’round. ;o)

• yep, what Marichiesa just said. i feel that too…it constantly changes, such as life.

marichiesa – i love your lil avatar pic…MR. ROARKE AND TATTOO! “the plane! the plane!” I was/am a huge fan of Fantasy Island. teehee, thanks for the memories :)

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I’m practising eating when I’m truly hungry and that can be a long time for me. I think it just depends on your metabolism, time of year and what you ate the day before.

http://www.rawlifestyle.co.uk Recipes, ebooks, diary

• At first I ate very little. For months it would be just around eight hundred calories a day. Then I had a morning where I ate five bananas. It sort of scared me a little but that too evened out. Now I eat around a thousand to fifteen hundred a day. I think it just depends on your body

• I’ve experienced this too. I used to eat very little when I first started raw. But let me tell you now day to day its never predictable. One day I might eat the amount you’re talking about, and then another day I might consume 3 avocados, tons of mangos, tons of nuts…etc etc. It’s awesome because you truly let your body lead the way if you listen to it enough..

• rosehebrew-That is wonderful keep up the good work

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

I ate like a pig at first, I think because my body was starved for nutrients. It’s starting to balance out now though. I guess everybody’s different.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Me too, me too – I want to play! :D I was underweight when hospitalized a couple of weeks ago, ate like crazy for a week or so (the 2 days that I counted the calories I had eaten, it was over 3,000 per day!)and gained back all the weight, and now today my appetite has settled down some again. No worries! :)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Almost six months raw and I’m eating more then ever right now, but that’s because I’m doing 80-10-10 and feel much healthier when I eat as much fruit as I like. Sometimes I feel better just drinking juice though; it depends on the day!