Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

a chiropractor cured me!

msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

i had a cold about 5 weeks ago. after a week, i came down with a HORRIBLY crippling neck pain on the left side. i was told by my doc to go to the emergency room because they thought it was spinal meningitis due to the symptoms. i spent almost a day there gettting ct scans and receiving massive amounts of pain meds via iv. ct scans…they found nothing. i was given vicoprofen and antibiotics and told to get an mri – it could be a slipped disc in my neck. mri…into week 2.5 – nothing. during this time, i was getting regular shots of toredol just to be functional…this was a horrendous time in my life, needless to say. i had to pump myself up with mounds of percocets, norco, etc. my doc finally said i should go to a physical therapist and she gave me anoteh script for pain meds.

in week 4, i took it upon myself to seek out a chiropractor.

my chiro checked me out and stated he had never seen a case like mine. i got a massage in my neck area – it was worse than childbirth. however, when the therapist got to the painful area, my entire head region filled with mucous, i got extremely congested in my lungs and i felt like my head was about to explode!

each time i went back (3X/wk) same thing would happen, but it would lessen. it got much worse before it got better initially.

yesterday was my 10th(?) appointment. my chiro decided to adjust my neck since i had a noticeable pain left after my massages. OH, IT HURT!!!!!

but today….i feel nothing! i’m pain-free!!!!

thank god (and my chiro all without no meds! i finally got over my addiction last weekend (it was rough!) and i’ve been detoxing since.

i just had to share this with you all because what you may have may be cureable with just some manpulation.

Comments

• Wow, msrawdiva, that’s so awesome! I’m a firm believer in chiropractics myself, if you find the right chiropractor. Really glad you shared…it’s so good to hear success stories like yours!

• I see the chiropractor once a month. I can always tell when it is time for a visit when I start to get the headache that starts in the back of my neck. Amazing, isn’t it?!?

• msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

oh my GOODNESS! i wish i had discovered them BEFORE spending loads pn doctor co-pays, you know? i think the last of the breakup from meds is my acne – and it’s slowly dissipating. i’ve been rawing it while sick and i know it has kept me from going over the edge.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

My chiro was my dad’s chiro first. When my dad first went, he had something like the flu. Chiro adjustment, and immediately the flu was gone! Just to show/explain it, the chiro adjusted him back to where he was before – instant flu again! I know it’s weird, but our chiro is funny – and my dad is a believer now :)

i cannot believe that i haven’t had to deal with pain in almost a week! well…thursday it’ll be a week, but every hour was a day with pain.

now, i can enjoy all my favorite vh1 reality shows!!!!

I soooo want to go to the chiropractor, but I probably won’t have the money for it for at least a month or so :( That’s awesome that it’s helping you so much!

• Oh my gosh, I am on this new raw lifestyle because of my chiropractor! He told me to go on a raw foods diet – for good – immediately.

I was in a terrible car wreck two years ago which left me with chronic back pain. I tried yoga, stretching, walking, meditation, you name it (well I did NOT try prescription meds…). Nothing worked. Until I found this amazing chiropractor.

Well, I am pain free right now, and I know it’s because of the raw foods. My doc was right. :)

• They are certainly unsung heroes. I absolutely love my chiropractor and recommend him to everyone. You will find many people are skeptical – I think it’s a bit of a cover for scared. Littlebirdie, good for you not taking meds, it’s the high road for sure.

I wish more chiropractors were aware of all the avenues of healing. I like my chiropractor a lot, but one day when I started talking to him about emotional connections to certain illnesses/parts of the body, he just looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language, and I’m sure he either never heard of a raw foods diet, or else it is another foreign language. Still, he has helped me a lot and I have learned from him. There are a couple of others around here who seem to have a more all-around approach from what I’ve heard, but I’ve also been to a couple who were not so good, so I have been hesitant to try a new one:) We’ll see.

• Hmm, I might have to check this out! I’ve never gone to a chiropractor before but I have some pretty weird back cracking abilities (aka I feel like I need to crack every so often to relieve dull aches or stiffness) Im pretty sure that its not good!

To those of you with great chiropractors, what would you advise while looking for a chiropractor? I have the whole city at my disposal as I live on one end and my life takes place in the middle/on the other end. Considering how many chiropractors are in walking distance from my house alone… Its a little overwhelming!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I really wish I could afford to go to one. I have a lot of uncomforable-ness and stiffness in my neck and jaw and I am pretty sure I have a mis-aligned jaw because my bite is off. I went to neuromusclar dentist once about it and he said it was because I had more teeth on the bottom than on the top because of my orthdonist pulling out teeth when I had braces – if had know that having those teeth pulled out to straighten my teeth would have caused me jaw problems later in life, I would never have done it. It was my parents doing though and not mine.

Do chiropractors do any work with jaw and neck?

littlebirdie – i applaud you for not falling for the drug-induced okeydoke these doctors try to pull on us when we don’t need it..

hey, angie – you know we teach as well as learn and i’d bet you could be teaching your chiro a couple of things about our way of life here…if he’s a good person, i’m sure he’d love to hear what you’ll have to say.

nicci – try seeing if any sports teams in the area use chiros and which ones. all i had to do was see the chiro my daughter’s basketball team uses and i would’ve ended up at the same chiro rather than doing the research on line (he was voted best in our area from some local magazines).

hey, queenfluff – my main concern was my neck when i went in and they initially focused on my neck for about 3 visits. my chiro checked all my joints and areas like my jaw and the like and came up with a plan of action which has done nothing but great things. so, yes – i would say they focus on the total body.

• SueSue Raw Newbie

I think chiropractic is the way to go when you have body pain. You get relief without drugs. A few years ago my husband had such awful pain from a herniated (spelling??) disc and was almost going to get surgery. He went to a chiropractor and within 6 months (or less) he was as good as new. I go to a holistic chiropractor in the Bronx (NY) and he literally changed my life. He was the one who turned me on to the raw food life style.

exactly, sue. i got surgery on my herniated disc in august…but that was WAY before i explored the chir possibility. i’m much, much better, but my chiro said it’s like fixing a car without knowing about the engine. therefore, it’s gonna take a different approach to adjusting.