Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What's your Favourite Fruits

2»

Comments

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I’m going strawberry-crazy at the moment. Love ‘em in smoothies w/fresh greens & a banana… sometimes I squirt in a little agave if I’ve got bitter greens in there, but the strawberries are so juicy and sweet right now I usually don’t need it. I also absolutely love avocados. Eating a perfect avo is truly a sensual experience for me. I went on vacation with my family to Baja, Mexico last month and the avos were gorgeous! Almost enough to make me want to live there… ;o)

Humanimal, corn is a fruit?? Huh… I learn something new every day. (Love that!) I remember being surprised when I found out about avocados being fruit, and just the other day I got to prove myself right to my son because he was adamant that tomatoes are vegetables (thank you, internet! ;o) But corn too, huh? I never knew.

Is eggplant a fruit?

• Jenergy,

Eggplant are fruit, as are cucumbers and bell peppers. I found this out on this site, which is literally for me anyway a living and breathing encyclopaedia. :) Cheers

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

At this rate we’re gonna run out of things that are actually vegetables… hehehe… ;o)

• Lemons, grapefruits and oranges!

• I am loving all the wild berries that are in season now! I have been making the most delicious smoothies with spinach, rocket, banana, strawberry, blackberry and orange juice. I usually add some coconut oil and spirulina for an extra boost.

I also love, love, love watermelon and mangos! Oh, and I eat avos like it’s going out of style!

Still waiting to try durian… anyone tried it? What did you think?

• I have never had a durian either, and would love to try one. But small towns…whats a girl to do. I love mangos, and watermelon. And haven’t tried raw corn yet…just found a cream of corn soup recipe and even bought corn to make it…maybe i will do that tonight. hmmm…

• I tried a Durian once, it tasted like vanilla pudding with essence of oinion—it smelled like rotten apples. My experience was with a frozen durian, I would love to try a fresh one.

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

I tried a Durian once…it was amazing…creamy, gooey, luscious. Saw a 20-30lb. one at the farmer’s market the other day. It was MASSIVE. Still haven’t had a whole one to myself. Other than Durian…Avocado, Apples, Berries, Mangoes, Papayas, Bananas.

• Ha! I am surprised no one has said plums! Oh my, a ripe plum off a tree is heaven bliss! but I think I eat the most bananas out of all the fruit. I totally forgot about the raw corn on the cob! I have done that before and it is really good!

• I’ve been eating AN ENTIRE pineapple in a day lately when i decide to have one!! My husband thinks im CRAZY! That and papaya! MMMMMMM!! Love them! And bananas and tomatoes and avocadoes! Yum! :>)

• young Thai coconuts, cranberries, fresh figs, and black raspberries. The raspberries are #1, the red ones don’t compare and unfortunately I don’t think I’ve seen the black ones in any store…just growing in the wild where I grew up in Iowa.

• I never liked them before, but lately I have been enjoying strawberries in my smoothies.

• I’d have to say nectarines! OOH LA LA!