Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Igor's flax crackers

jsorensens2jsorensens2 Raw Jr. Superstar

Can anyone post Igor Boutenko’s famous flax cracker recipes, or do I have to buy the book 12 Steps to Raw Foods (Is that where it is?) I heard he has a couple of great recipes, one that tastes like sourdough bread. I can’t find the recipe online.

Comments

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

I found this link when I googled for the recipe. I’m not sure if it’s what you are looking for though!

Link:http://archives.zinester.com/1819/42773.html

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

oh, i’ve got that book, i’ll try to dig up the recipe

• Here they are [I don’t have the 12 steps book, you can find it in “Eating without Heating” too]

“Grind 2 cups of flaxseed in a dry Vitamix container.

Blend together: 1 c. water 1 large onion, chopped 3 stalks celery, chopped 4 cloves garlic, medium 2 tomatoes [optional] 1 tsp. caraway seed 1 tsp. coriander seed 1 tsp. celtic salt

Mix ground flaxseed into blended mix by hand. Dough should be slimy but not dry. Cover the dough with cheesecloth or a towel and let sit in a bowl at a warm room temperature overnight to ferment slightly. If more sour taste is desired, ferment 2-3 days. Using a spatula spread on non-stick dehydrating sheets. Divide into squares of desired size. For softer bread, dehydrate 16 hours on one side, 4 hours on the other. For crispy crackers, dry well. Keep crackers refrigerated.”

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Are we allowed to post recipes here, on the web, from books without permission of the author? Isn’t that against copyright laws?

• jsorensens2jsorensens2 Raw Jr. Superstar

rawmama – that’s why I said in my question “do I have to buy the book?” I was thinking of copyright laws. But people are posting full recipes out of other books and giving credit to the book, so I dont know on this one…

meganthevegan – Thanks!

rawmama – that’s why I said in my question “do I have to buy the book?” I was thinking of copyright laws. But people are posting full recipes out of other books and giving credit to the book, so I dont know on this one…

meganthevegan – Thanks!

Kevin – you’re a good googler! Before I posted my question I looked and looked and looked and couldn’t find anything. Thank you! Great link!

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Glad it was what you were looking for! I LOVE Google, lol.

• I have both those books and I can tell you that they are a must have if nothing but her story. Her recipes are mighty tasty. I'm sure she's be ok with one little recipe but I'm not her. Get the books though you won't be disappointed.