Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What Did You Eat Today?

I like to ask myself this question.

Today:

1. A young coconut for breakfast (my favorite food) 2. Flax seed crackers for a snack with a spicy broccoli-walnut spread I got from this site that is insanely delicious 3. Bowl of avocado and olives for lunch 4. Butternut squash spiralized “pasta” for dinner with fresh garlic, virgin olive oil and basil – another recipe I got from this site

What joy!

(this was a light day for me. some days, i’m hungrier than others.)

Comments

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

For breakfast I had some fruit I bought at Safeway, for lunch I had some veggies with the spanish rice recipe from this site, and for dinner I haven’t erally decided. But I know for dessert I want some of the Yogi Pie from this site that I made yesterday… so good!

Maybe I’ll make some raw snickerdoodles if I feel like it and have the time.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

For breakfast I had some green juice, for lunch I had diced avocado and mango sprinkled with sea salt and cayenne, and for dinner I had a Dagoba chocolate bar (not raw, but at least organic. and it had maca in it! yay!)

• rachel do you eat dagoba a lot? im afraid to gain weight with it!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I wasn’t at all hungry for breakfast, so no food.

I had 3 small flax crackers with almond pate on them for lunch.

About midafternoon I had a shake with hazelnut milk, raw cacao, agave, and maca. (All gloriously alive and very yummy!)

Around 6 PM I had two dates.

Dinner was a large salad of greens, red pepper, and avocado with about a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds, in a tahini dressing, plus

Miso/seaweed soup with carrots and onions and a dollop of almond pate. This was partly cooked. I’m craving seaweed lately and this soup hits the spot. Next time I make it I’ll start early and put it in the dehydrator to ‘cook’for a few hrs instead.

Mariposa, could you provide the link for the broccoli-walnut spread? I can’t find it and I’m looking for a good raw broccoli recipe.

• brekki = 2 grapefruits, 2 cups of strawb

lunch = 1/2 avo with asparagus n dulse

din = no-bean hummus, coconut meat, cuke, sprouts, red pep, shredded lettuce, topped with 1T. flax and 1T.hemp ground together with seasalt n pepper.. and soume lemon juice.. wrapped n big lettuce leaves

right now i am snaking on almond butter spread on cucumber

• Breakfast was Lydia’s apple granola with gogis, blueberries, cacao nibs, buckwheat toasties and almond milk. Lunch was a super smoothie with acai, strawberries, banana, hemp, maca, cacao powder, wheatgrass juice and almond milk. Snack was a Lara bar. Dinner was a walnut and sunflower tuna type dip with carrot and zucchini sticks and a smoothie with papaya, banana, pineapple, coconut butter, orange and baby spinach. It was a hot day today so lots of fruit and smoothies made with frozen fruit.

• Heh funny question, as I seem to be eating the whole raw world these days…Breakfast was fresh strawberry pineapple juice, my SNACK was Happy Day’s chocolate mousse [yes, the entire thing]..My lunch was a delicious amazing salad with an avocado dressing…snack was a grapefruit…then I got off work an hour ago and since then have eaten 3 altaulfo mangoes, and am now eating almonds and cherry tomatoes. I’m goin crazy…

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

No breakfast today but I made up for it at lunch. I had 2 spinach, cream cheese and coleslaw sandwiches. All recipes off this site. The recipes on here are fabulous – thank you everyone!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I feel like I ate a LOT today but I am just starting out and wanted to try everything.

Breakfast: one carrot/apple/pear juice AND a mango/banana/orange smoothie Snack #1: larabar (cinamon roll) Lunch: cabbage wraps with shredded carrot and zucchini, sprouted beans and some kale. Dessert: avocado pudding (from this site, delicious) Snack #2: walnuts and raisins Dinner: celery with the cheese dip (from this site), spinach and kale salad with parsley dressing Dessert: the rest of the avocado pudding lots of water and some tea

• b: durian mango pudding

l: 2 mangos + small box strawberries

s: another small of strawberries + herb tea

d: big herb salad with lots of alfalfa sprouts, tomato, and half an avo mushed in with pepper and lime dessert was avocado chocolate pudding

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

This would be yesterday’s as right now is 11am… :c) Breakfast: Juice- celery, apple, ginger, cucumber

Snack: 2 fresh dates

lunch#1(I always split them into two small ones): green smoothie- malva, passionfruit, strawberries, bee pollen, flaxseeds

Somewhere around here someone gave me a lot of free OJ…

lunch#2: banana ice cream with bee pollen and a touch of cacao

dinner: salad with lettuces, cherry tomatoes, onion, avocado, lemon juice and a touch of olive oil

a bit later I had a pomelit (I don’t know what those are called, it’s a cross between a pomelo and a grapefruit.)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

green smoothie, 5 olives lunch: 1 avocado, 1/2 cup salsa, black olives, bell pepper+cashew ‘cheese’ (search for doritos in goneraw recipes), on lettuce, and jalapeno corn crackers (from goneraw) snack: handful blueberries dinner: 1 cup dancing chicken salad on two apples (recipe @ goneraw) snack: 2 cups smoothie (banana, raspberry) snack: 4 ants on a log (recipe @ goneraw)

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

heyitsmahsa – No, I don’t usually eat a lot of Dagoba. I did the first few weeks I started out raw, because I was having these intense chocolate cravings. Now if I want chocolate I have some raw cacao nibs with some agave nectar. YUM!