GARLIC

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I had a major garlic craving today and I was sprinkling dried garlic powder on salads and minced raw garlic to make super-garlic guacamole. This is the first time in my life that I’ve craved garlic and until today, I’ve gone months without eating any.

Now it’s like I want to put it on everything I eat, even FRUIT. I was thinking garlic and bananas would be tasty for some reason.

I’m not sure why I have this sudden craving. I read that there is controversy over the health benefits/possible toxic effects of garlic, yet I am craving it hardcore. I wonder why…

Comments

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Maybe your body needs more sulfur or msm? Personally I don’t really believe it to be toxic, your body needs sulfur so I’d say you’re wise to listen to it!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Enjoy your garlic cravings but please do not overdue it. For some reason every time I eat 1 or 2 cloves of garlic a day I feel really sluggish and tired. So when I am craving some I just eat 1/2- 1 clove a day. Raw chocoholic is correct! When ever we crave a lot of one type of food there is something in there that our body needs.

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

My father juices raw garlic with his juice daily for 20 years now and eats it daily cooked and he’s the healthiest man I’ve ever met. I think that maybe some people are sensitive, but not all. Maybe it’s a cultural thing or somesuch. On the other hand, it’s a root vegetable and maybe these new “toxic” findings are based on conventional. Root foods absorb tons of fertalizer and such. If you’ve got a stomach bug or somesuch maybe you’re craving it for it’s antibiotic properties. I’ve read (and possibly experienced) that if you suspect food poisoning and consume raw garlic right after it’ll kill it. If you’ve been without it for months and NOW you’re craving it, it’s not a bad food addiction issue.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Does anyone know if garlic is a stimulant?

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

It’s so weird you brought this up. The night before last, I had a weird craving for a whole, raw, clove of garlic(nothing else), so I went and peeled it and ate it. I smelt TERRIBLE the next day, but for some reason I felt I really needed it. I found it very strange. Apparently I am not the only one.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I ate a lot of garlic today too. LOTS of guacamole filled with it. I couldn’t stop craving guacamole, but it was the garlic taste in it that I really desired, that and the avocado.

I’m pretty much out now, so I think I’ll abstain anyway.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

The thing is that garlic feels like a stimulant to me; I got all jittery and high-strung after I devoured my garlic-laden guac.