Thyroid Boosters

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I know a lot of people talk on this site about having an underactive thyroid.. anyone have a good list of food boosters? I know of coconut, kelp and brazil nuts and try to incoperate those in but other tips would be appreciated!

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

any exercises that “bends and stretched” the thyroid (to get the juices flowing) will help. in yoga, there is plow pose into fish pose. also, if you swirl your tongue in a circle starting in front of your teeth and the back to the roof of your mouth. go clockwise for 20 and then counter clockwise.

yoga has helped me ENORMOUSLY with thyroid issues. as has giving up caffeine.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/2985

there are foods to avoid if you have thyroid problems.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I eat lots of the things you mention. I used to have hypothyroid symptoms, hair loss, the ends of my eyebrowns didn’t grow I was always cold, (especially my ankles). I stopped having those symptoms awhile back. I recently had blood tests and they showed that I didn’t have insufficient T3, TSH and T4. Keep eating the seaweed for iodine. I also eat maca as it’s an adaptogen that is good for hormone support. Cut back on goitrogenous foods for awhile (kale, spinach, buckwheat) and add them back into your diet slowly and in variety. Pumpkin seeds are good too because of the zinc.

LunaBella