Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

pimples!!

rawjazzrawjazz Raw Newbie

Hi everybody, I have been raw for about 6 weeks, and this week I started breaking out on my face. It’s very strange as I NEVER get pimples. I have been vegan for four years. Is this normal? How long will it last? At what point in time can I safely assume that any “detox” symptoms are over? Thank you!!

Comments

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

whats your food choices like?

• I’m wondering if maybe it’s not the food? Whenever I used to stay the night at a friend’s house, I would get big pimples before I even went to sleep. I still can’t understand why though. Maybe something different in routine? Not an answer, just a suggestion.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

It could be your makeup. Do you use makeup a lot?

• GET A COLONIC it helps with the break outs.. COLONIC COLONIC ….............

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Detox can last for many many years. It takes 7 years for us to completely rebuild our body, skeleton and everything. Usually the most detox symptoms occur in the first 2-3 months.

In my experience the first 3 months was full of ups and downs, then I had emotional detox thing go on for a few months, then everything calmed down. But recently now at 3 years 100% raw I have been having more detox because I have been using algae for the first time and have cut down on food by about 1/2, so I’m going through a deeper cleansing right now.I was vegan 12 years before I was raw, but not a healthy vegan, a chips and coffee vegan ;) I think it is different for everyone though. Chris, my husband was a huge 27 stones and he lost all that weight and had no detox symptoms at all. I have no idea why that is.

• I’ve been getting them too, I think it has to be the detox process. I am only about 85% raw at the moment and I feel like to I need to go 100%. I just get this idea that everything good I do plus the unhealthy food puts me in a constant cycle of detox.

• rawjazzrawjazz Raw Newbie

Well I have a green smoothie for breakfast, with collards or kale, bananas, pears or strawberries. Then during the day I have a really big salad…usually 1/2 cup of nuts throughout the day along with lots of fruit. Weird right? I don’t wear makeup.

• I recently started raw but before this I was breaking out!! It was terrible and the reason was my gut sounds yuckie but it is true you have to get rid of all the bad junk that you have been lugging around with you all these years. I’m going to try the colonics soon as for my acne got so bad had to go on antibiotic but I have it under control with diet exercise and lots of water hope this helps:)

• Pimples broke out after a couple of weeks going raw for me too. They will clear up and you’ll look radiant soon enough.

• yeahh im getting them too boooo

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

My husband got a food panel ELISA test done for his face outbreaks. Turns out he is allergic to a lot of stuff like garlic, bananas, flax, and white beans. If he eats garlic it can take up to 6 weeks to have a break out. So even if you are raw if you have changed and eaten more of one particular thing it may show up.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

rawjazz—not weird at all. fruit is very cleansing. your body is pushing out the toxins so fast your colon can’t keep up. so it pushes it out through the skin. i second/third the colonic… or slowing down the detox with less fruit and more greens. you’re releasing a lot, which is a good sign (even thought it isn’t pretty).