Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hello - from Michigan!

After reading through many threads last night, I thought about it and decided I should sign up and actively join in on these discussions. I’ve been vegan for about 2 1/2 years… however, only in the last six months have I had the desire to be a “healthy” vegan. Exploring the realm of whole/raw foods has been kind of overwhelming for me. I’m trying not to get discouraged, but I’m continually dragging my feet when it comes to any attempts at making even a slow transition to a raw foods lifestyle.

So, now I’m here… and hopefully I will find these forums useful in encouraging me to eat and prepare foods that are new to me. THANKS!!!

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Hello and welcome!!! Good luck on your journey! Hey, where bouts in MI are you from? I’m from the metro-Det area (Rochester Hills).

• I too am from the Metro-Detroit area… originally from Dearborn, but I’ve bounced around the entire area quite a bit. Currently I’m living in Canton, but in another couple weeks I’ll be in Romulus! Thanks for the best wishes, much obliged.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Welcome to the forums. Blogging on the forums has helped me a lot. It helps to visit farmer’s markets or buy a farm share – then you commit to using the fruits/veg that you’ve purchased. even small changes make a different – they’ll accumulate over time. i started very slowly a year ago, hardly having any raw. There’s a snowball effect where if you make a little effort, things get easier, you crave more veg/fruit, you learn to make things, etc etc and a year later, i’m raw! by the way – it’s easiest to transition from vegan to raw. you’re already 90% there!!! the dirty little secret is that i can now easily imitate most of my vegan favorites. it’s harder to imitate meat, lol!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Hi. I too am vegan (8+ years) and realized that not all vegan food is healthy! I have always enjoyed raw foods but just now in the last week taking the plunge. I have felt good, no cravings, some digestion issues but I think I am adjusting. try new stuff, eat new veggies and fruits, delight in eating the over 10 veggies and fruits that are recommended by the American Cancer Society.

• msrawdivamsrawdiva Raw Newbie

i relocated from there to arizona…but I MISS MY CO-OP!!!!

here’s the site: http://www.organicconsumers.org/linkpage.cfm?me…

owned by a very nice father and daughters…it’s in waterford and well worth the visit!

oh….WELCOME!!!!