Asthma in children

Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative to the traditional meds precscribed for asthma? My 2 year old niece has just been diagnosed with asthma and I am looking for any insight on other options that you may have heard about. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

These supplements prevented my cat from having to take steroids for his asthma:

Enzymatic Therapy Mega-Zyme

Garden of Life Primal Defense

Of course the fruit path is also the the right thing. These supplements are like magic, along with raw diet. Hope this helps a little.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I have had chronic asthma since I was an infant. A few years ago, I stopped taking the inhaler, which I was using every few hours, and now I take wild cherry bark. I make the tincture myself. It’s very effective. (and of course I hydrate during an attack) I’ve even had two conventional physicians ask for a sample. It’s an old mountain cure.

OH, I just noticed your niece’s age. I don’t know what the dosage would be for such a young child.

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

I am not sure about a child so young.

I developed asthma while I was a teen. A couple of years back I read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that asthma is like 90% originated in the bowel. If you detox the bowels you can rid yourself or decrease the asthma symptoms. I tried it. I did a 25 day juice fast, went back to regular SAD diet for 30 days (didn’t know about raw diet yet) while weaning from the prescription drugs and then did another 25 day juice fast. I have been prescription free and symptom free for almost 3 years. I started having a little wheezing last month when I took the Cub Scouts for a hike. I started another juice fast and am feeling MUCH better.

Obviously you can’t do that to a 2 year old but maybe there is a way to detox her bowel. It is worth a try.

• Thanks for the ideas. Rawkid: What do you mean the fruit path?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Oh sorry. I just meant that eating a lot of fruit really would clean out the bowels and that would calm down the asthma.