need lunch ideas

bittbitt Raw Newbie

I am new to raw…started over a break and today was my first day back into my “real” schedule (yesterday was a workshop). I am trying to figure out how to eat on this new diet and how to fit it into my schedule. I seem to need a snack after my morning smoothie at 10am and that works into my schedule. Then I have lunch from 11:30-12. I have been bringing a salad and nut dip and maybe a piece of fruit. Then walnuts and raisins for later in the afternoon. I get bored easily, I like variety so all of one thing doesn’t work for me. I like bits and pieces.

Any ideas for bringing food to work? I have a mini-fridge in my room so that is no problem. I just don’t always have a lot of time to eat! (I’m a teacher) Also if I’m hungry I’m crabby so I have to eat enough.

Comments

• I always make my meals ahead of time for work. I think about what I will eat the night before and sometimes make it the night before if I know I won’t have time in the morning. I usually have a salad every day for lunch. I just mix up my veggies to give it some variety so that I’m not eating the same thing every day. I also make a huge fruit bowl for work and pick at it throughout the day.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

antipasti seems like a good plan for you. here’s one idea: make a bunch of “deli” items to keep in the fridge… marinated kale salad, marinated mushrooms with EVOO and lemon, cucumbers in ACV and dill, cauliflower taboule, “sweated” sliced zucchini with salt and pepper, tomato and onion salad with lemon and parsley, sunflower and turmeric spread with lime and sea salt… just some ideas. you can keep everything in big tupperware containers and just take a little bit at a time… it keep for a while and gets better with “age” (within reason… 2/3/4 days)

• I just made a carrot-pecan burger (that was shared by divineprana on this site) and wrapped it in a big collard green leaf to make a wrap for lunch, with cherry tomatoes, sprouts and olives on the side. It was quite tasty.

Carrot-pecan burger: http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/89-Carrot-Pecan-...

Also the tuna salad sandwiches by jamestheraw make excellent, filling, lunches.

Tuna salad sandwiches: http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/1908-tuna-salad-...