Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Esophageal scope

Hi everyone. A few weeks ago I posted about reflux. It hasn’t abated, so I had to go to the GI. He said I need to be scoped in order to rule out a number of things. Unfortunately, this requires IV sedation. Oh joy! What can I do to get that crap out of my system? I think this has been talked about before, so sorry if it’s redundant.

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Did he tell you or will he tell you what he is looking for during the scope? If you can discover this you can research to see it there is a healthier, non-western way to discover the same thing. Sometimes procedures are necessary, but not always.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I had an endoscopy done a few years ago. Not uncomfortable, since you’re sedated, but I wouldn’t call it fun, either.

Have you tried DGL yet? I’ve been on DGL the past few weeks, and it coats the esophageal lining to protect it from the stomach acid.

I’ve also been doing Liquid Zeolites, considered one of the best detoxifiers around. The reflux got a little worse the first day, and I called my distributor, and she told me I’m bringing up the reflux again for healing. Zeolites are a volcanic mineral, and supposedly can do no harm.

Here’s a link:

http://circleofhealers.com/resources/detoxifica…

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I’ve had 2 of these, which got me started eating raw 2 years ago. I have not had one single episode of reflux since going raw. Anytime you can avoid general anaesthesia, you are doing yourself a favor. That said…they will not allow you to be awake for this. The last time i went in, i requested the most minute amount, telling them i had huge trouble waking up after the last general—which i did. Went home and slept 24 hours! You don’t need the “happy” medicine they give you “to make you comfortable” initially. You can also request a smaller amount of anaesthesia. You don’t need the “purple pill” they will tell you to eat daily for the rest of you life because you are going to continue raw. If you get any reflux, DGL works great. It is a licorice supplement. So I’m not going to tell you not to do it, But just know it’s their business to find something so you then get the purple pill and they can keep golfing with the drug reps.

• ahh just at the right time!!! i opened my email from matt monarch’s raw success and this is what it says:

A friend of mine told me how they got over their acid reflux problem by using chia seeds. They would take about a tablespoon of unsoaked, dry chia seeds and just swallow it. They said that the chia absorbed all the acid in the stomach! No more Acid Reflux! After about 5-10 minutes, they would then drink a glass of water, for the chia seeds to absorb, once all the acid had been soaked up. This helps to prevent the chia from ‘stealing’ water/liquid from the body in other ways, to fully hydrate itself. My friend says this simple chia ‘trick’, which costs pennies per day has helped bring incredible relief from Acid Reflux – WOW :)

is this any good to you?

• Thanks, everyone, for all the great links and info. This is such a great group! I’ve been 90-95% raw since September, which has gotten rid of IBS and period pain. I think the reflux is in response to some very real stressors in my life that have occurred over the past month.I do meditate and yoga to keep myself calm and the energy moving, which has definitely helped. I also have been looking at whatever emotional patterns have created the condition, and of course, I know intuitively which parts of my life need to change. But getting back to allopathic world…basically, the doctor needs to rule out hiatal hernia, Barrett’s esophagus and to determine what corrosive damage (if any) has been done to the esophagus. I will be under sedation, but not a general. Achin70 and lzhpt, do I get DGL at the health food store? I’ve never heard of it before. Alisonwonderful, very interesting about the chia seeds. I’ve actually eaten them unsoaked prior to all this happening; the idea of using it for reflux is fascinating. I am taking all your good advice under consideration, as I have no intention of taking any purple pill for the rest of my life! Thanks again for all your input!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Yes, you can get DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice) at the health food store or supplement store. :)

• That’s great, Achin70. Nice and easy!