skin elasticity

i’ve noticed recently that my hands are looking old, i have alot of fine wrinkles, the skin seems to have lost elasticity. i think this has to do with dehydration and diabetes, but any thoughts would be appreciated. i also have an underactive thyroid and i’m not currently taking medication for it. i’ve been at least 80% raw or better for about 8 or 9 months now.

Comments

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Silicon and sulfur are two of the most important minerals for your skin. Silicon is essential for skin elasticity, but it’s only found in certain foods. A lot of people, including raw foodists, might not be getting enough of these minerals.

Here are some foods to consider adding or increasing in your diet:

Silicon: cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, nettles, radishes (triple threat combination of silicon, sulfur and vitamin C), okra, lettuce, horsetail herb. Sulfur: cruciferous veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, durian, radishes, aloe vera, bell peppers (ripe), onions, garlic.

MSM powder is a form of natural sulfur you might want to consider as a supplement. Start out with 1/4 T to 1/2 T twice per day, and increase gradually as your body opens up to it. MSM has great affinity with water, so you can take it with your morning and afternoon water.

Topical application: hempseed oil, jojoba oil, MSM lotion, rub avocado on the skin, coconut oil, cacao butter, olive oil.

Good luck, stylistchick! :)