nutrients

I noted today, when I was studying some sites on nutrition, just how much magnesium, calcium, and potassium there are in greens, veggies, nuts, seeds, etc. It was quite impressive. No wonder people get well on raw food. My question is. There are ‘recommended daily amounts’, for how much of each nutrient we should have each day. So, is it really ok to eat large amounts of greens and veggies? Wouldn’t we overdose on nutrients? I love eating greens and I used to say that I will never get used to eating raw cabbage, but in actual fact, now I find it quite pleasing.I would appreciate some advice please.

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

You don’t overdose on food. The RDA is for synthetic/fractionated/isolated supplements based on less than the amount necessary to see improvement. Some people may need more, some less. Food is infinitely better than anything created in a lab.

• Great. so this means it is ok to have a large sgreen smoothie, salads and general browsing on whatever is in the fridge. I used to comfort eat from whatever was in the bread bin. now it’s the fridge. ha ha ha .