Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I need to vent!!

2»

Comments

• Dagny – I love the caramel apple idea!

One of my girlfriends also suggested frozen chocolate dipped bananas in lieu of ice cream. Since we will be there for 10 days, I will obviously be bringing a bunch of my own raw food, since who knows what other people will be preparing on their day. I will be pushing for fruit salad for breakfast and a salad bar for lunch!

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

bluedolfin – thanks for the ideas. That is a great idea for high tea. I hadn’t thought of using the cucumbers for the “bread”. That opens up all sorts of possibilities for toppings as well. Nut cheese, sprouts, tomato slices, some of the mushroom “meat” that I saw in the recipe files here. I also thought of making the “rockin sushi” recipe that i saw here. It looks amazing.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

tdg~ Thank you for your generousity in welcoming my suggestions. I just thought of a few more… if you make the sushi, spread the filling to about an 1/2 inch to 1 inch from the end that seals the sushi. Then roll the sushi. This way there is a spiral design with the nori when you cut it… pretty and looks more like sweet. For something “crumpet-like” that you can make mini versions of, some yummy looking recipes are: Cinnamon Rolls, Amazing English Muffins, and/or Blueberry Rawffins ... for any of these, you serve with a jam. For something “curd-like”, a really fancy offering, check out Wild Blueberry Cheesecake... I see cutting those up into inch squares if you make it in a rectangle or square pan or making individual mini cheesecakes in colorful cupcake wrappers… bet they won’t get over those anytime soon. Or, if you want to be, oops I mean, make a tart: Blueberry Fruit Tart. Can I come play tea party with you? :)

One other suggestion… you can make other “bread” (like the cucumber idea) from harder fruits like apples or pears. Simply slice them widthwise making circles and use a shot glass or something about that size to cut out circles or use a cookie cutter for different shapes… it would be kinda fun to make rabbits or trees or even crest moons… then top with jam or some pate or spread (savory or sweet). With the leftover fruit pieces you can make a few tarts or something.

You will have all sorts of savory and sweet options for your table…

Happy playing and sipping… pinky finger properly held high :)