Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

lame

Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

I’ve been 100% raw for the past week, I was trying to go 100% (as opposed to my usual 75 to 80%) for as long as possible, but today I ate cooked food.

I ate some weird jewish chocolate things, some tootsie rolls, and, believe it or not, a lot of dog treats. Yes, dog treats. They tasted like goldfish.

I just felt like venting about my lack of self control.

Comments

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Why in the world are you eating dog treats?

• good for plaque i guess.. :) i remember eating milk bones.. they werent so bad

• im sure either the tootsie rolls or the dog treats have animal by-products

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Slosh-uh: I think you’re doing great! Healing yourself is two steps forward, one step back, but sometimes it’s one step forward, and two steps back. LOL. :)

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

Thanks, achin! I feel better about that now. I’m really committed to becoming raw, and it’s going to be a bit of a process.

And I ate dog treats on a dare at work. I work with dogs. Turns out they’re really good.

And yeah I know at least the treats had egg and cheese in them.

But hey, at 3 calories a treat at least I won’t be getting fat off them : P

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

What kind of doggie treats did you eat? I ate a milk bone as a teenager once to freak out my freinds, and it was really blah and dry and not nummy! I now have some holistic ones that i give my pooch, and they actually smell pretty good! But i really have no desire to try them. ;)

They’re called Charlie Bears, I ate the egg and cheese flavor. The liver ones sounded too extreme for me… haha.

One time my boss had some home made dog treats and he told me they were cookies so I ate one, and it was disgusting. And he laughed at me. Asshole.

Another time around Christmas some woman brought in a tray of dog treats that looked JUST like regular human cookies. Some even had carob chips and sprinkles. Me and my co workers were eating them all day going “Jeez these are disgusting!! If you put some peanut butter on them they’re not so bad” etc. Even though they tasted bad we kept eating them, and then at the end of the day someone went, “Guys.. I think those are dog treats.”

But yeah, the Charlie Bears aren’t half bad.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Too funny!

I have to hand it to you, I could NOT work at a doggie daycare! i would go BERZERK with all the barking!!!!!!

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

LOL!!! You ate dog treats? that’s hilarious… I used to eat cat treats all the time when I was 8. I loved the fish flavored ones. Lol…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

haha… well thanks for the post. i’m not at all tempted to go off raw, even though you mentioned the tantalizing dog treats glazed in tootsie rolls topps with weird jewish chocolate ‘things’. : )

keep at it, tomorrow’s a new day, and you can start it off with some fresh fruits.

BTW, did you know you can get sick from pet treats. I heard of a guy getting quite ill, after feeding some to his cat and not washing his hands! It was actaully on the news! Ick!

Yeah actually I did know that, but I’ve never gotten sick from eating dog treats in the past.

Wow, I never thought I’d say something like that.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Wow! This is too funny – especially the part about all of you eating “cookies” you didn’t like :D

• This reminds of “The boy who lost his Game”. True story: when I was in high school there was a class where our teacher called roll everyday by asking an odd question like “how much would somebody have to pay you to eat canned dog food?” We decided the lowest amount we would try to gather together to make the person actually follow through. Well this one boy in my class, who was actually pretty hot and was dating my very cute friend, said he would do it for free. Next day, a girl brought in a can on Alpo. Not only did he eat some of it, he proceeded to carry it down the hall eating it with a spoon in between the next class! It was so disgusting and this poor hot boy never got another date with my cute friend. Nor do I recall him having any other girlfriends the rest of the year… :( Lesson to all of us- eating dog food does not help your GAME.

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I’ve been raw for a year. I started to allow myself little bits of organic chocolate a few weeks ago. Then I noticed a pattern, on the days I ate these little bits of chocolate I would crave junk for the rest of the day. Which sometimes led me to eat amounts of organic cheese and bread. Things I never used to eat when I ate cooked food but they seemed like a good idea! Then I started to get cravings even when I hadn’t eaten junk that day. All that hard raw work coming undone =( Therefore, I’m going to JUST SAY NO to anything not raw.

However, some good has come from this. The cravings have led me to create raw coleslaw which I make a huge container of and store in the fridge. When I get a craving I dig into that. I made bread to go with it. I made cookies and chocolate mousse too. All these foods were there when I had a craving and they helped a lot.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

cheerydeb – thanks for the ideas – I do a lot better when I have stuff “ready-to-go” too. I am crazy with school now, and might be even crazier trying to go full-time in the fall (doing part-time now because my son is half-day in kindergarten), so I am trying to plan ahead now so I can eat raw and feel good with the added pressures coming (Summer might be just as bad because I’ll still be in school but my son won’t, and we’ll need some pre-made snacks.) I make smoothies for my son and freeze the leftovers into popscicles, and it is nice for him and for me if he has something easy to grab after school.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

It’s ALL better than rabbit poo mistaken for cocoa puffs as a kid!!!!!!

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

lol. I like this topic . . .

When my dad and his friend first came over from Prague they bought a some cans of dog food for dinner, thinking it was people food. They weren’t used to the idea of packaged dog food, and didn’t really speak English yet. Still, you can’t think it would taste quite right . . .

Back when that Orbitz drink was popular I’d caught some tadpoles from a lake and was taking them home in an Orbitz bottle. I left them on my desk while I was preparing an aquarium for them. Meanwhile, my brother came into my room and said “Hey! I’ve been meaning to try this stuff!” and took a huge gulp of it. Seconds later he looked closer at the contents and spat it out. Luckily he didn’t actually drink a tadpole. Yeah. I guess we were strange kids.