Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fluoride free water in my city - i'm lucky

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Today I checked. Turns out, my water is fluoride free. WOHOOOO!!! This is GREAT, because I don’t have a car, and it would be pretty hard to haul around gallons of clean water on a bike. That being said, here’s a great video on the fluoride deception: http://www.giveittomeraw.com/video/video/show?i…

p.s. i think i live in the most raw friendly small town in the nation. there’s tons of vegans, and probably plenty of raw or close to raw vegans. all the groceries carry organic – because there’s SO much demand. and there’s raw foods stocked in my organic coop grocery store. we have cheap CSAs, lots of local organic produce. we even have a raw foods restaurant! i think i live in raw heaven!

Comments

• roxiroxi Raw Newbie

I’ve seen that video before. Your pretty lucky, I know for a fact the water in our county have fluoride in it because my mother in law is the lab manager for the water plant here. I thinks it’s pretty interesting that she won’t even drink the water she treats. She, like me, get our water reverse osmosis from our local health food store! And she has been taught for the last 20 years on how and why the chemicals they are supposed to put in the water are good!! Ha!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Before I became raw, I had NEVER heard of anything bad about fluoride. I had never heard about chemicals causing disease. This month, I learned more truth than I’d ever heard in my entire life.

I keep sitting here in shock… this can’t be true. Fluoride is actually a toxic chemical? And it’s in our water? Plants are sprayed with a mix of truly toxic chemicals, proven to cause mental challenges and illness in in the first few years of development?

Our houses, our food, our medicines, our land, our animals, our lives are filled with deadly chemicals manufactured at an ever increasing rate?

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

upstate ny is raw haven? wow… i’m coming for a visit! like buffalo area?

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

The water in my area has flouride. However, I am fortunate to live out side town (the town is only 15,000) and have my own water well. I love it.

My town is not raw friendly. I kiddingly say that I am sure I am on some community hit list because I subscribe to vegan literature and eat raw foods. They all think I am a nutcase because I don’t cover all my foods in traditional gravies or cheeses.

I have to go to Albuquerque next month for a conference and will get to go to Whole Foods!! I am so excited. I have my list ready! I may need a Uhaul to get all the stuff home but oh well!!

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I remember hearing that fluoride is present in rat poisons. Yum! There’s a lot of good into on fluoride in Paul Bragg’s book on water, although I’m sure the internet has a lot of info also. I think it’s a byproduct of some chemical manufacturing (don’t remember exactly). Luckily my water doesn’t have it either, but I think it’s best to have a high quality water filter – fluoride or not.

Pianissima – Ithaca and Syracuse are good raw havens. We tend to be very liberal cities, very health focused. Lots of organic eaters out here, lots of vegans. : )

Tdg – lucky that you have your own well. Wow, I can’t believe that the town is so raw unfriendly. You don’t have a food coop or anything? I hope you’re able to find organic produce. Although, who knows – in a town like that, you must be in bad shape. I wonder, is your town typical of many small US towns? I know that the midwest is particularly backwards, in a lot of the small towns there. Think, 20 years behind the times. I mean, there’s all-you-can-eat buffets everyone, everyone eats meat and super unhealthy fast food, it’s odd to even be a vegetarian! That’s how it was in Illinois anyway (other than chicago) – it’s all meat and potatoes.

Raw_Chocoholic – ew, in rat poisons? ya know what’s funny – i mean, our toothpaste has a warning label – dont swallow more than a teaspoon, could be deadly, etc. And when I ask my friends what they think of the label, and how come they’re putting something in their mouth that’s so toxic, they brush me off saying – oh, well it’s not just the fluoride in the toothpaste that’s dangerous, there’s other chemicals too. THATS not the point. The point is that you’re using poison to clean your teeth. I just don’t get it. In my town, there are idiot parents giving their kids fluoride supplements every day, since our water doesn’t have it. DONT THEY THINK it’s stupid to give their child a PILL, that goes into their STOMACH, but it’s supposed to improve dental health in the mouth? (it’s been shown that fluoride can only be applied topically to improve dental health, but it’s STILL a poison). Wow, people can be so dense sometimes.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Fluoride pills? That’s got to classify as some new level of insanity.

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

winona – We had a food coop but it couldn’t make enough to cover their expenses and went out of business. Walmart carries some produce that they claim is organic. If I go to the next town over there is an Albertson’s that has some organic. There is a VERY small health food store there as well although they don’t carry produce I can get some sprouting seeds and raw nuts. I usually make a monthly trip to Albuquerque to Whole Foods and stock up.

This town’s idea of healthy eating is the very sorry excuse for a salad bar that is at one of the restaurants. It has iceberg lettuce, carrots, unripe tomatoes, cucumbers, a few other veggies and tons of mayo based salads (pea, macaroni, seafood…). If you want cooked “healthy” fare, there is sauteed mushrooms, oily “grilled” squash or green beans cooked to mush. It is really sad.

Yes there are tons of buffets here. All of them have over cooked greasy fare. Here in the southwest a lot of the offerings are Mexican foods. While I LOVE Mexican foods, since going raw I can’t eat most of them. The ones that I am missing the most are red chili, green chili and grilled salsa. I make a pico de gallo and a raw salsa.

Thankfully I can grow a garden for myself although will not be growing squash or melons this year due to the hiding places that it offered the rattlesnake last year. Ew!! I do not want another visitor like that!!

• No fluoride added to the water here either and I’m very glad for that. I’m in Vancouver, BC.

TDG - eww, sounds like all your restaurants are like old country buffets. i love mexican food too. my best imitation of mexican food was this: big boston lettuce leaves stuffed with black olives, guacamole, fresh salsa. top it with a little nacho cheese (blended cashews and bell pepper) and optionally place it on a corn cracker (dehydrated blended fresh corn, cilantro, lime, jalapeno). addictive!

veganmomma – i’m very happy for you! what a relief that some town keep their water relatively poison free.

i have to use this moment to gloat about my delicious raw recipe I made today. I created a FANTASTIC raw alfredo sauce. I’m finally getting the hang of uncooking!