Nutritional yeast

Hi~ does anyone know if nutritional yeast is raw?

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Unfortunately its not. It is basically baked yeast.What were you gonna use it for? the vitamins or for the taste?

• For the vitamins and the protein. What are the best sources of protein in a raw diet?

Nuts and greens, in my opinion are your best sources of protein. Careful not to overdo it with the nuts, cause too much fat can weigh you down and make you feel pretty sluggish. But if you eat a lot of greens, then you will never fall short of protein. Other great sources are hemp protein powder, hemp seeds, flax seeds, maca root powder, and many more. If I think of any other ones I will make sure to tell you. If you are not a big fan of greens, try out greens smoothies. Mixed with fruit you will not taste the greens, I promise :) Anything other questions feel free to ask me. My email is habitat611@hotmail.com if you ever need.

God Bless! and stay strong !

• I’m not sure about other people, but when I tried nutritional yeast before I had a bad reaction. Basically my belly bloated up like a balloon (baking bread!) and I had gas pains for about day. I’m gluten intolerant and though nutritional yeast isn’t gluten, I had the same reaction.

yeah i got the same thing

• Glad to know I’m not the only one! ;)

• Thank you for the information humanimal, I really appreciate the advice.

• I don’t know, maybe I’m different, but I love nutritional yeast and I feel great! I love the cheesy flare it gives things!

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I’m not too fond of eating nutritional yeast, but I like the fact that it’s high in many b-vitamins. Does anyone know other foods high in b-vitamins?

• I could eat yeast by the spoonful!