What's in a strawberry?

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m craving them and eating them by the carton right now, so it makes me wonder what’s in them that I might need?

Comments

• Vitamin C!

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

lycopene? I don’t know. There are loads of nutrients etc. that we haven’t even discovered yet. Mm though, sounds very good. I can’t wait til my strawberries come up this year..so long as the ants don’t get them. They ate 90% of the fruit last year and then killed half the plants.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Vitamin C the most… Manganese next. (whfoods.com, but I’m sure there’s a better site than this…)

• A solution of half vinegar and half water sprayed around your strawberry plants might deter them… it’s worth a try.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

leaflowers2, That is because vinegar is an amylase (enzyme) inhibitor. Amylase breaks down starch/carbs. Which (to some extent) defeats the purpose of keeping the strawberry ‘raw’. You remove enzyme inhibitors from nuts/seeds to digest them better and so that their nutrient density is increased. In my opinion, eating vinegar with starchy/carb foods is like not eating them at all since your body will not digest it well because of the vinegar.

Just FYI.

Apple cider has its (wonderful) benefits for those that need it. And… yes, I would probably spray my strawberries with vinegar/water solution anyway to keep them longer… well, I’d probably spray the ones I can’t eat in the next day or two. :o)