Juicing wheat berries

Hi there’s a recipy on this site for bread that says to pass sprouted wheat berries through a juicer. I just bought a breville juice extracter. Will this work? How do I do it? What will happen?

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hi Montrealmommy, i think they mean a champion juicer with the blank plate in it. The blank plate is used when you put nuts in it and want to make nut butter. It basically food processes/grinds the wheat berries so that you have dough. If you don’t have a champion juicer w/ blank plate, you will have to use another method to grind wheat berries. there’s a couple options. 1) a food processor (if you have a very strong one that can handle it) mine’s weak, and couldn’t grind the berries down. 2) coffee grinder: let the berries dry by dehydrating or spreading out on a sheet or cloth for a couple hours. grind them a little at a time in the coffee grinder. 3) mix them with the liquid recommended in the recipe and put them in a high speed blender. I haven’t trid this, so i don’t know how it would work out… but as long as your blender can handle it (if it’s high speed) it’s probably okay.

• You do need to soak 24 hours, also should “sprout for 24 hours. Makes great (very sweet) bread and pie crust without any added ingredients.