Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Trip Eating

This next weekend I’m going to Utah for my brother’s college graduation. It’s going to be my first trip being raw. I plan on bringing a cooler to put some goodies in. I’ll obviously bring some things like bananas, apples, nuts, etc. that will keep well through the weekend.
Is there anything else you guys would recommend I bring? Something good that’ll keep me going? I’m fine with spoiling myself a little bit as long as it keeps me on track.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Could you make or buy some raw bread or crackers? Then you could make some cheese and have sandwiches. This cheese is great just with apples and pears actually, it keeps well out of the fridge too. http://goneraw.com/recipes/1619-Cheese-with-Spr…

Another idea is raw nori, then you can make a pate and make roll ups with it. Also you could make pizza bases and take toppings. Let us know what you take and how you do. Good Luck !

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

bring some sort of stuff to add to salads. then if you go out you can get a plain salad and add stuff to it. that way you will feel more “normal”. lara bars and flax crackers are yummy.

look up at least one restaurant or health food place that you might be able to go to.

I’m not sure if you are flying but the hardest part for me about flying is not being able to bring liquids on the plane. so some stuff may have to go in your suitcase.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i just saw a video with victoria boutenko and she was saying to bring green smoothies in a cooler when you travel, of course fresh is best but she said they can last 3 days on ice! have a good trip!

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Sprouts and nuts (soaked) can make both an easy snack and a salad with the adition of some leafes.

(Oops… this was the last weekend, well, for the next time…)

• I actually haven’t gone yet. It is this weekend still. Thank you for all of these suggestions, they are really going to be helpful. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.