Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Someone help, my lymph nodes...

Not sure how that’s supposed to be spelled, but oh well. Okay, here’s the dealio. As of yesterday, my lymph nodes by my groin are killing me. It’s the ones right on the top corners of the hair line (not to be too graphic). They are sore like no other, and everytime I cough or laugh, they HURT! I noticed it after I worked out last night (I haven’t worked out in almost 2 weeks). I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it though. I am on day 11 of completely raw, and I don’t know if this is detox or what, but it’s really odd. They have been sore once or twice before, but I can’t remember when. It was a long time ago. Anyway, any advice?

Comments

• I would go to your doctor. It’s important to know exactly what’s going on from a professional. Obviously, a naturopathic or holistic doctor would be best – they will better understand what you are working to accomplish with the raw lifestyle. Good luck.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

work getting checked, i agree. mine are pretty swollen in my neck and my naturopath is testing me for re-activated mono. whatever it is, the raw diet will most likely help but if you have an infection or something it is good to have an expert consult.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I didn’t even know we had lymph nodes there. Are you sure it’s not a muscle pull? Detox can do some pretty strange things to us and your lymph nodes will be working overtime for sure. My detox symptoms were more flu-like – aches, fever, fatigue, HEADACHES, and a tail bone injury came back to life and solved itself. If it is detox, rest is best.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

lymph nodes are all over… your lymphatic system is throughout your body. Lymph is largely blood plasma… and has white blood cells. No red blood cells or platelets present. Like your blood pumps through your body… you lymphatic system should flow… this is done by muscle contractions (moving). So, exercise.

This is just a “guess”, but if your lymph nodes are “working overtime” during a detox… maybe you are not getting rid of the toxins/waste fast enough. You can do that by hot-cold saunas, drinking water… having good bowel movements… or just a good flush or colon cleanse (fyi: it doesn’t have to be invasive).

• you sure those aren’t your ovaries? are you ovulating?

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Ovaries – you just ovulate from one ovary at a time so you would have pain on one side only.

Do you have a rebounder or a chi machine? Those both flush the lymphatic system.

I agree on getting it checked if it doesn’t clear up soon. Safety first.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

It went away after a couple days. I actually started to get the pain the day after I bought my rebounder. Maybe bouncing was just putting pressure on them, and my lymphs weren’t used to it… ?

Oh…germin8, I’m curious about your comment. I donate plasma at a blood bank, would that affect that? (I haven’t in about 6 weeks, though, so that’s not what the problem was.) Just wondering what some downsides are to donating. Thanks!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

The rebounding clears your lymph nodes/gets the lymph system flowing. You may have just had a rough start in getting things going? Glad to hear you’re feeling better :)

Thanks angie :) I’m thinking that has to be it, because it just dawned on me that 2 days after my experience, my husband had the same thing…the day after using the rebounder for the first time. Hmmm…now I feel a bit stupid. Lol.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Good question southernlover. I do not know the answer. But, I agree with angie… the rebounder is advertised for ‘getting your lymphatic system moving’... so that could be it.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Don’t feel stupid, southernlover! I didn’t know we had lymph nodes in our groin! I also use a rebounder – glad it’s doing its job for you, even if it was alarming.