Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anyone ready to kick off 2 weeks raw

Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

I cant do it alone and i have been eating BAD the last few days..and before i noticed that i did not feel that great, i noticed it at my baby boy first. I have been wondering why he has a rash all of a sudden and started scratching himself everywhere, he is 10 months old and I am still nursing..and when I thought about it i can say it started the day after i began eating S* again. It takes me approx 2 weeks being good and getting back on track. So PLEASE..anyone here who can do this with me starting monday???????

Comments

• erinerin Raw Superstar

I’m up for it…I eat raw a lot, but tend to go a little too heavy on the sweets (raw sweets) and have been over eating lately. So I’ll do it with you. Great incentive.

• I’m doing it anyway, Sabrina, so sure! I’ll do it with ya!

www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

yep. i’m raw already but today i start my NO WINE cleanse (soon to be lifestyle). i’m with you!

p.s. i’ve read it’s a bad idea to detox when you are nursing. you might have released a lot and your baby was drinking it. just a thought…

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

Pianissima you are right..i did a detox 2 months ago and took whole food supplements according to what i need for the baby and do/did it under the whatchfull eyes of my doc. Thanks for being concerned.

skyprincess..thanks also for joining….If you guys have the time, would you mind writing daily or maybe every 2nd day what you have been eating, since i am still pretty new to this i would like to just copy a few things from you and get some inspiration. I know there are tons of recipes to get inspired from, but i want to know from actual peopel what they/you have been eating all day. Thanks alot!!

ok. before i head for bed. here’s what i had today:

morning: -water with lemon, coconut water.

(a couple of hours later): -vegetable juice (and a little while later) a green smoothie (orange, pear, lime, cilantro, parsley, spinach, kale, spirulina & 1/4 chili pepper)

lunch:

-kale salad with cilantro sunflower seed dressing

mid-day drink:

fruit and greens “cocktail” (water, 1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 lime, cilantro, parsley, dandelion, curly endive… blended with ice)

dinner:

MIXED PLATTER: indian flatbread (see my recipe) except with coconut meat and left over almond pulp instead of sunflower seeds, tomato spread (4 tiny tomatoes, 1/8 red pepper, 1/4 jalepeno pepper, EVOO, 4 almonds, 2 olives… whirred in magic bullet), green salad with sprouts and cilantro-lime dressing, 1/2 avocado, sliced fennel, and lightly dehydrated yellow pepper tossed in lime and EVOO. while sipping green kombucha

later i made a small iced pudding with a little durian, a small tangerine, 1 date, some water, and a pinch of sea salt. velvety. heavenly.

sabrina1979—glad to hear about the doc. ;)

• Hey I’ll have a go! I am only about 80% raw right now but I’m interested to see how 100% would feel. That and I’ve managed to put on 8 pounds over winter binging on questionably raw cashews and raisins… ick. lol. I’ll start tomorrow. today I’ve been BAAAAAAAD… hee hee.

yeah i think start tomorrow also..why waste another day and feel like crap….good call..tomorrow it is

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I would like to do two more weeks. I have successfully accomplished one week and two more seems doable. I’m taking it one step at a time.

Here’s what I’ve had so far today: (I woke up pretty late so this is not really a typical day)

lemon water smoothie with blueberries, strawberries, banana, and spinach with lemon and ground flax seeds banana

late lunch: snowpea and spinach salad with hempseed dressing, flax crackers with avocado, two almond/coconut/raisin ball things that I made (yum) and chocolate coconut chew lara bar (my sweet tooth really kicked in)

dinner/snack (still not sure if I need more): more flax crackers with avocado and three celery sticks.

I am dehydrator-shopping to motivate myself. also going to the asian market tonight or tomorrow.

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

I’m SOOOOO in with this! I was so bad for the last week and a half. I feel tired again. Here is what I ate today so far.. One orange, and an orange bell pepper for breakfast Lunch was a salad with kale, broccoli, carrots, quinoa sprouts, and tossed with avocado/agave dressing snack was a strawberry smoothie with 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup, water, dates, and strawberries. (I know the maple syrup is not raw.) I had a plate of soaked sunflower seeds with a bit of salt and onion powder on them, and then I ate a banana. Recently I ate an avocado, and a few snap peas. If I get hungry later, I’m going to make some zucchini noodles, and put some olive oil, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and italian seasoning on them.

• No problem! :0) Fun, fun, fun! I’ll try to remember to check this thread out every day or two.

Here’s what I ate today (but it was a pretty light day and I’m hungry now ;0)

Started out with lotsa lemon and stevia water (1 quart jar container) and took MSM for the first time (we’ll see how that goes!) B 2 bananas, a little orange L Small green smoothie and small salad (wasn’t that hungry), some fruit and nut bar pieces (not raw, but healthy) Snack 1/2 avacado, more fruit and nut bar pieces S Salad and a Crunchy Malted Chocolate ball for dessert, as well as some more small fixing for chocolate cravings ( a little raw chocolate syrup and a little raw choc. bar) Today wasn’t that interesting in food, just simple and tasty.

Goodnight! :0) www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• I’ll join too. I’m on the beginning of my 2ond week, completely raw except for vitamins and herbs/vinegar for seasonings. My challenge will be when I go home to visit family for a couple of months. Sabrina1979, interested in uping th 2 weeks to 4? I see your 2 and raise you 2.

• Oh by the way, I have been on and off raw for the past few months. I have a feeling it will stick this time since my motive for going raw has changed. I am seeking inner peace and so far it is working. The only problem is when I meet up with cooked foods that previously brought me joy such as fresh ground peanut butter, refried beans, mom’s vegetarian chili and tomatoe sauce.

• Today I ate a lot! It was a hungry day…..throughout the day I ate: 2 handfuls of spinach 2 handfuls of bean sprouts bunch of long green beans bunch of brocoli a whole lot of soaked mung beans 1 tomatoe 1 tomatillo half a green pepper 1 banana topped with hemp protein powder and cinnamon 2 apples 1 carrot a lot of soaked garbanzo beans a lot of soaked yellow and green split peas 32 oz of strawberries more greens coconut water a little over half a coconut 1 orange 1 persimmon and basically a whole container of calmatta olives ...and that is what I remember ...Geesh that’s a lot!

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i’m in too, starting tomorrow. my quick story: mid february- 2 weeks raw with one cooked vegan meal a day, next 4 weeks 100% raw, the last 2 weeks or so too many cooked vegan meals, skin breaking out again!

i blog what i eat every day (however i did take today off from food blogging) and what i do for exercise at: http://heartshapedsky.vox.com/

xoxo

ALRIGHT..you got me..4 weeks it is. I do also have to lose a few pounds since I am going to San Diego end of may for my sis wedding. And all my family from germany will come too, they will be happy to see us (we are the only daughters and both ended up in the states..lol) so i would not mind gettimg back to my weight before my 2 boys. I am almost there, but still have a few pounds to go. I love to snack on the flaxseed crackers but boy do they give me gas…i could not even walk straight at some point cais my stomach was so bloaded….they tasted soo good, i think i just ate too much that day. I do have to recall starting today because i have to go get groceries, i have nothing here. Thanks to you guys writing down so detailed what you ate…i will start picking up on it….

sabrina—do you mean flax crackers with whole flax seeds? have you tried crackers that contain veggies and GROUND flax. it’s a lot easier to assimilate.

pianissiam…yes i used the whole flax seeds….Kandace recipe if i remember right and they are soo good….but man i felt horrible after eating too many. I guess i will try ground ones..thanks for the tip

• Kay so I woke up this morning feeling like a steaming pile of cow dung! The flu I’ve felt coming on for weeks finally hit :( But this is what I had today: WHen I woke up I had a banana (supposed to calm tummies right?) and then a bit later some orange-spice cookies I dehydrated last night and HAD to try and some pumpkin seed milk. Later I had a green smoothie (spinach, chia, hemp seeds, pear, 2 dates) plus 2 fresh dates I munched while making it. Then 2 oranges and an apple (not all at once, through the afternoon.) Just had a salad; kale, savoy cabbage, saurkraut, carrots, peppers, celery, shrooms. With ginger/garlic and miso dressing with a little maple syrup (not raw). Then another nana and… grr my not raw of the day… a little sqaure of dark chocolate (endangered species stuff I found in my cupboard) and some peppermint tea. whew that’s alot of food. Plus I didn’t work out or go to yoga like I wanted to today cause of my crummy tummy. ugh.

• I am in too. I am going to the beach in two weeks and i really want to lose a few pounds. Plus, I really want to do better with raw eating. I am at about 65% right now, and would like to see how 100% makes me feel :)

I ate s* all day but bought me a nordic track today..so when i start eating “right” tomorrow I can also start working out at night when my kids are sleeping. I went grocerie shopping and got tons of apples green and red ones, bananas, cucumbers, tomatos, strawberries, blackberries and some frozen berries and greens. That should last some. So tomorrow it is….

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Okay, I think I did pretty good today! day 2! Breakfast was 2 kiwi fruit and a banana lunch was a salad made with baby bok choy, and purple onions snack was a quarter of an apple, and then a bit later I ate half of an avocado Dinner was alfredo with a side salad. I had zucchini for the noodles, and pinenuts blended with some herbs for my dressing. Salad was cabbage/spinach with mashed avocado for the dressing. My late night snack was raisins/almonds/coconut processed together, and shaped into cookies. I think I ate like 4 of those. I drank tons of water too.

saraw your late night snack sounds yummi

day 3 no wine!!!! yay!

breakfast: juice, green smoothie (orange, 1/2 lime and 1/2 pear with greens)

really late lunch: kale salad with avocado, tomatoes, dulse flakes and some flatbread (wow, i really love this stuff!)

not sure what to have for dinner yet, but i made a pizza “crust” from my flatbread recipe so i think i’ll put some onions, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms in the dehydrator, make a tomato sauce and call it pizza. =)

saraw—i LOVE bokchoy in salad!

sabrina1979—you can do it! =)

thanks pianissima..today was a good first day. I had a green smoothie for breakfast, later on i snacked on some flaxseed crackers and lemon water. Than i had an apple and some goji berrie sunshine cerial with almond milk. For dinner zucchini-pasta with marinara while my husband splurged on Bush’s chicken take out..YIKES!!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i was feeling pretty hungry and poopy today and felt myself reaching for sugar.

I had a smoothie with almond milk, banana, spinach, blueberries. the almond milk made it so much yummier than normal. cinnamon roll (recipe from here)

lunch: veggies and cauliflower rice with thai spices, green salad, another cinnamon roll

dinner: nori rolls with cauliflower rice, avacado, tahini, sprouts. purreed tomato with kelp noodles. ok, i admit it, another cinnamon roll. tea.

• I know I’m a few days late, but count me in. I had a really rough weekend. I had a whole weekend of class, 9am to 6 pm and it really took its toll on me.

• Hey guys…

Yesterday was superfood green smoothie for breaky

Lunch was a big salad and a raw brownie for dessert

Snack was some Medjool dates and an apple

Supper was salad and two oranges