Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fruitarian challenge

The recent topic on the fruitarian lifestyle has got me wanting to try it. If I was able to get over my love of raw foods dishes, I would want to eat only fruits as long as I was feeling good doing it.

Are there people out there that would like to join me? We can provide for one another the push/support to do it for one whole day, three days straight, or even a week straight. This is what I do when I begin a fast. Having a partner to keep you on track to start is helpful for me.

Or maybe you are already living the lifestyle and can offer advice to the newbies, such as which foods are best for a particular time of day.

Who’s interested?

Comments

• Hey I’m interested..I love fruit and think I could do it….maybe a 3 day one to challenge ourselves??? Let me know!

• roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

Its an awsome lifestyle! Just use variety and dont overeat because its easy to do, fruit is a different “full” feeling than youre used to because youll see it takes a bit to get that “full” feeling. All I do is simply eat when Im hungry and only till Im full. You know you get those knawing hunger pangs where your stomach is growling and such, well there you go thats when I eat! Not because its breakfast time or noon or lucnh or dinner time, but because Im hungry. Ill usually eat about 5 times in a day and right now Im working on not eating after 2 because I only need food during my daily active times, to me food is fuel, I dont need to eat when i get off work because thats my chill time when Im not doing anything but playin on the computer or watching a movie etc. And our bodies use a lot of energy to digest so the less food the better you know, I find on the days I eat less I have more energy than I already have anyway. Ok well I hope this helps, good luck and all! Rob

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m on day three right now. :-)

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

Now that spring is here, fruit sounds wonderful. I’ll do a “challenge” with someone. Keep me posted.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Not to be critical but if it’s a natural way of eating, would it really be a challenge?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

It hasn’t been much of a challenge for me in regards to making that choice, but I have noticed that I am detoxing MUCH faster on only fruit, so that makes it more of a challenge for me in that light.

that’s why I put “challenge” in quotes. :)

• It is the natural way to eat, easy and natural if you live in a natural environment. But living in an urban environment, and in the habit of eating foods beyond fruits, then it becomes a challenge for me.

Are dried fruits ok if I’m in a situation where I’m hungry and don’t have the ability to get to fresh fruits?

So far I haven’t had anything to eat yet. Just some water. I’ve been at work and haven’t had my break yet to go out and get some oranges. It’s almost 3pm. I always try to go until at least 3pm before I have any food.

I’m setting the intention right now for tomorrow to have only fruit, and do it right, i.e. monodiet and only when I’m truly hungry. I’m accountable to y’all!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’ve been eating LOTS of kiwi, avocado, cucumber, pepper, banana, apple, dates and oranges. Definitely not mono, but that is a good goal for later. Right now I am having fun just being fruity. :-)

• I’m doing this! Actually I’m going to be doing fruits and leafy greens…because lord knows I’ve been eating far too many nuts and decadent raw foods lately…

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey guys,

I’ve been wavering on the “all and only fruit!” thing yesterday and today. I honestly have been missing my greens. This was a fun experiment but I wonder if I should go back to eating some veggies. I don’t know how to tell if that’s what my body wants though. I am just getting kinda tired of fruit, to be honest.

I started Monday morning. And I actually have a ton of energy! The only questionable part of this is that my teeth feel really sugary. I’ve brushed them many times today.

What’s great is that I’m having no blood sugar issues and the energy.

Mentally, I worry I am restricting too much, but I really don’t feel like I am….fruit is so good.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey Debbie! Glad to hear you’re feeling fruity. :-) I thought I might need to add some greens to my diet, so I gave myself permission to have a spinach salad and discovered that I really didn’t want it after all! A nonsweet fruit salad was more appealing, with avocado, red pepper and cucumber! Yum!

I also had a grapefruit and an apple, and felt much better about my fruitarian experiment. I think I was eating way too much kiwi.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Fruitarians eat greens and more than you would think. 80-10-10 by Douglas Graham is a good reference, but it is not for everyone. Living Nutrition is a Raw food publication mostly written by Natural Hygiene fruitarians. After 2 years visiting these different raw food worlds, I’ve come to the conclusion I do not have the chemistry for a fruitarian diet. After reading Dr. gabriel Cousens’ Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine, I now understand why—he goes into this even more in Consious Eating, but we are all different blood types and metabolize our food differently. It’s important to know what your type is and what method of raw food eating will suit your individual make-up. It works for Dr. Graham, it did not at all work for me.