Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

bleh I had pizza and ice cream last night

at my brothers suprise party, he turned 16 so there were a bunch of m&ms, oreos, pizza and ice cream..I had a couple slices and then oreos and some ice cream..now i feel like crap!!

I got pretty constipated too…that happen when you go back on fatty cooked foods?

Comments

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

thats why i kick off the 4 week raw challenge..i ate crap all week and last night a pizza..not only did i pass gas like crazy, i felt lazy and even moody and as of right now i feel like i gained 10 pounds since yesterday….lol

• ahh me too…well sort of…I had a rough drinking night thursday (well i only had like 5 drink over the course of 5 hours…i used to drink wayyyy more than that in college) and i was hungover until like 7pm the next day…my hangover-impaired judgement led me to eat tortilla chips, ice cream, and popcorn because when i’m hungover i crave crap (i tried a green smoothie and it did NOT go well). needless to say i spent the whole day AFTER the hangover day unable to sh** and feeling bad. i wish i had a dehydrator so i could make carby things for hangovers!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

ugh i know how you feel, i fell of the wagon today. i just smoked pot (its 4:20) for the first time in over a year. was fun but now i feel symptoms of depression coming on which i haven’t felt in, well, over a year. i’m sure i’ll be fine tomorrow.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

try some prunes for the constipation. they usually help. and LOTS of water. alcohol is dehydrating.

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

I love how this thread is all girls.

Here, let me confess my sins too:

I got really drunk the other night and ate a twix bar and a snickers ice cream bar at like 2 in the morning.

Should we talk about our periods next?

well…i have not had my period in..lets see..over 3 years…lol…i got pregnant, than nursed and than got pregnant again and now still nursing…Cant wait to have them again and “clean” out my body..lol

jesus christ thats a long time to not have a period. I can’t imagine missing having them though.

Last time I got mine I woke up in a hotel next to someone I barely remember meeting, and somehow managed to hide the sheets from him and the other people who were there. I can’t wait until I get old and have a chance to reflect on my college days.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Hm, I haven’t had mine in over a year…and I’m not even 100%. I had a pretty bad day today too. I binged on junk cereal with soymilk and tortilla chips and guacamole oh and some candy…until I felt sick and then I went and made myself vomit…aauugh horrible day!!

Jesus Kat, don’t do that!! If you’re concerned with health, binging and purging is one of the WORST things you can do for your body. Its better to just keep the junk in there and eat healthy next time you eat.

Although I’m not really one to talk, I do the bulimic thing sometimes too. Sigh. You and I should make a 100% raw/100% binge and purge free challenge for like a week or two.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Woah! Guys, come on, weight should not be your primary concen here. I assume that’s why anyone would force themselves to throw up. This is all about vitality and health.

If I binge out on junk and I feel crummy for it, i just let myself wallow in misery, so that I won’t make the same mistake again! Guys, please don’t do the purge thing, it is soooooo awful for you!:(

• yeah I understand why you would want to get rid of it…I hate that over-full feeling, but it is a really bad thing to do. The only time I justify it is when I’ve had too much to drink…THEN it totally makes sense…gotta get the alcohol out!haha although it generally doesn’t make you feel any better since you’re gonna be hung over the next day anyway

No one should be “happy” not having periods anymore OR pushing them to just 4 times a year with certain pills. First of all, the later you will get into menopause the younger your body and skin will stay. Second…everytime we have our period we lose blood and our body has to reproduce blood to fill up the loss..means we are in the advantage of man getting fresh new blood every month. And in my opinion..( do not want to piss anyone off…lol) messing with you system and take a pill that makes you have your period only 4 times a year…thats not right. I dont judge, I try to eductae peopel about that, worked pretty good with my friends and familie..hehe

• I could never make myself throw up lol, i went for a walk to try to feel better! i hate being a girl sometimes lol

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

yes, I know it’s awful. I don’t do it very often though. Yesterday was the first time in ages. But I do have to watch it. I do some modeling stuff, so weight is an issue for me..I can’t afford to eat much lol But I am trying to be healthier and just have small portions and good food.

• i binged last night too. damn 4:20!! i smoked pot (trying to quit right now) and ate a whole bag of fritos and some chocolate cake. because i’m gluten intolerant i’m having a fibromyalgia flare today and barely made it in to work. i also feel like i gained 10 pounds and i’m moody and want to go back to bed.

i miss my raw food clean feeling!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hi Folks, stick with it, you can get back on the raw wagon!

I want to recommend, in a very nonjudgmental, kind way: to folks who suspect they have an unhealthy relationship with food – perhaps a support group would be the way to go, as I doubt that the raw food forums can provide adequate counseling/advice for how to rectify this. Best of luck with everything ya’ll!

that being said – here’s my sins : ) i drank 2 beers on saturday, and my stomach was so sick on Sunday. I’ve got to find an alcohol that’s more gentle on the system. my success – i didn’t eat nonraw, even though my boyfriend bought taco bell last night, and i didnt have raw food with me in the car. i sat there thinking – i don’t want TACO SMELL to be how i break down from raw. hahaha. i wasn’t really going to eat it anyway, i remember how gross i used to feel after it.

• Dang, this thread is triggering! I’ve found that raw eating has been a helpful tool in my perpetually ongoing recovery from bulimia, but there is sooo much potential for abuse. Pure food vs. sinful food, obsessing over that feeling that you have failed in a fundamental way when intake doesn’t go according to plan, ad infinitum. I try my damndest to stay away from these traps, and I wish the same for others like me. Stay safe :)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hmm, I feel a bit out of it here. I am not 100% right now but mostly because I can’t afford it. And I never lost my period even when I was 100% – but I do know that sometimes women with eating disorders lose their periods for a time. It is a deficiency thing.

My “junk food” right now consists or healthy vegan stuff – like vegan cheesy sandwiches and popcorn with too much nutritional yeast. I make alot of vegan soup. I don’t feel bad about it for the most part but I know I should be eating more raw stuff because of my colon. I worry if there are any new tumors of anything growing in there. I probably eat too much soy stuff right now too. If anything I have a bread addiction. Not to make you guys feel bad – but I feel better about my eating after reading what you guys ate!

I could never eat a snickers or m&m’s. I guess because I am vegan for different reason than just health ones. The evilness of those sort of companies and the way the animals are treated keep me away from them – I don’t even like to use the bathroom at McDonalds if I can help it!

Winona, I have noticed that I can’t drink beer like i used too. I tried a new beer the other night and I did not feel very good right after – it was one of those hemp microbrews. My body only seems to like certain beers for some reason. They have to be super dark and heavy:(

Ssarah – I think it is really important to try to not get into the trap of thinking “bad food vs. good food” – If you eat something and you keep thinking about how bad it is for you that in turn effects how bad you feel. If you eat something and you enjoy it than you probably won’t feel as bad later. You already feel physically bad because you ate something that wasn’t in your “plan” – but turning it over and over in your mind is going to make the experience worse – and make you feel worse.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Wow, I guess I’m not the only one that messed up this weekend, lol. On Friday I ate a piece of cake at my friend’s birthday party, and on Saturday I had a bunch of fried scallop tempura, and felt HORRIBLE. I thought I was gonna die, and almost threw up but managed to keep it down… but I feel a lot better after I ate a lot of big salads and the Yogi Pie on this website.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Ah, I puked yesterday too. I combined a bunch of different raw food and started feeling like crap. I was about to do it again, because I just ate avocado/sunflower seeds/chocolaty raw honey with walnuts. Bad idea. I think I’ll just suffer through it, though. Issues…lol.

• 4/20 threw me off track a bit as well. I ate brownies and um, quite a bit of cooked food after that. I’ve been drinking loads of vegetable juice since so I feel less wretched. It was interesting how anticlimactic the taste of all those cooked foods I remembered being delicious were.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

yeah…it was definitely 4/20 that seemed to have thrown quite a few of us off track (temporarily!)

• i too had a bad weekend – although it was raw, i still just ate so much. especially this nut cheese i made. i’m making up for it by only eating raw smoothies for three days (i’m on day two) – i feel about 90% better already. :)

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I had a bad weekend too! but it was kind of planned. I started a juice fast monday so sunday night I ate way too much. I had a nice big salad after my long run and some raw brownies.. very good.. but then for dinner had rice pasta with this wierd vegan cheese sauce and then bought a chocolate vegan cookie .. ate half. Felt so full and grumpy because my bowl of pasta was so huge and I realized I didn’t even want the cookie but was eating just to eat. I have major emotional eating issues, that’s part of the reason I am juice fasting is to get some knowledge/control over that. I tend to eat to “reward” and not for hunger, and I’m still hung up on certain foods like pasta/vegan baked goods that I know I don’t really need.