Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What does wheatgrass do for you?

I’ve always wanted to take a shot of it at jamba juice lol…

Comments

• It has 100% of your daily iron in it. It is supposed to be a huge energizer. I’ve never tried it though.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

wow. i need iron bad. I am scared because i am allergic to gluten though.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

I was curious about the gluten issue so I googled the topic. It appears that wheatgrass is harvested before the formation of gluten which is found in the grain itself. I can certainly understand a person being wary though!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Try it you’ll like it! I think it tastes like sweet peas. i find it very sweet! Don’t quote me, but I read a couple years ago that one shot of WG equals the nutrients in a pound of veg. Something like that, it’s high powered stuff!!

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I have never try… how do you grow it?

• roxiroxi Raw Newbie

Ooooo…..I love wheatgrass! It also has vit B12 in it and some other good stuff. I buy the powdered form. The studies that were done on it were done using the powder, so I could only imagine the benefits you would receive by actually getting the fresh juiced form! Definitely try it!

• Once sprouted, the wheatberry is now a plant (a grass) and wheat allergies do not apply.

Go slow, the first tablespoon of it put me in the bathroom (and bed) for three days. I’m surprised I ever tried it again. In Aspen, in the ‘80s, I did a bedside predawn wheatsprout juice delivery, and was drinking up to a quart 6 days a week (now at 8-16oz). The healthier your diet, the potentially more violent your initial cleanse, Meat eaters usually only get the strength aspects, not the cleanses until they are stronger and eating better (still as OMNIS).

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I can’t stand it! Far too sickly sweet for me although there are many benefits to it.

• Wheatsprouts are INTENSELY sweet, let the sprouts mature to grass, 6 inches tall, most of the benefits not as sweet. I “shoot” (as in shot glass) or chug 8oz—then chase by sipping 1-3 oz frsh OJ. Can mix sprout and grass to taste. Sprout has more of the “lifeforce” enzymes, but as Raw Foodist, you need not get worried about getting enough enzymes unless on a specific healing program—as in the Gerson healing treatments.

• I love wheat grass. I have shots of it when I’ve I’m at organic resturants. I really want it at home but I’m worried the quality wont be there.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Everything is better at home! If you grow it from scratch, you can pour mountains of love and possitive energy into it!:)

• when i first tried it years ago i thoguht it was really gross tasting. but then again, i used to drink coffee and smoke cigarettes and put other acid forming things into my body. as a raw fooder today the taste of wheatgrass is sweeter to me. i think that when the body becomes more alkalized and less acidic the taste things change. it’s good. try it~

Luna blu – i agree with what you say that everything is better at home!

my teen won’t drink a shot w/me unless i make him a “wheatgrass cocktail”. i add the juice of one lemon, grate some fresh ginger, and a squirt of agave nectar…mix well with a shot of wheatgrass and YUM. a shot of grass even my teenager can enjoy.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Very sweet, but I will never drink it again. Just the smell of it makes me gag. DISGUSTING…you should try it. :p