Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How has Victoria Boutenko Inspired You?

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

12 Steps to Raw inspired me to become a raw foodist. After reading this book, I immediately changed my diet completely.

Aspects of the book that inspired me: -Victoria attempted this diet with very little support or information -She immediately went from cooked to eating only raw food, and hasn’t gone back to eating cooked -She healed her daughter of asthma, her son of diabetes

Green For Life inspired me too: -Green smoothies improved her energy level -Victoria did a test: the green smoothies helped folks eating a Standard diet to dramatically improve their health -She discovered information on pH levels in the stomach that have changed the way I look at food

I’ve watched videos of her inspirational seminars. These videos helped me cure my addiction to raw food, taught me the basics of raw food preparation, and taught me that raw food can bring great joy into my life. And guess what? She was right!

Comments

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Your addiction to raw food? I assume you mean cooked? lol I have briefly read about this family but I haven’t read their book. I’m not certain what inspired me to become raw. I remember seeing a raw book at my favorite healh food store and that seemed to be the start of my journey. I do intend to read “12 Steps to Raw” when I have a chance though!

• just bought green for life, so not too much inspiration from her yet. however i was very inspired by angela stokes who was inspired by victoria, so via one degree separation, i was very inspired by her!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

I’ve read two of her books, Green for Life and 12 Steps to Raw. They were very interesting and I quite enjoyed them. She gives so many interesting stories and examples. She inspired me to drink more green smoothies by helping me to understand the benefits. I like her style of writing. You can really relate, at least i could.

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Great books, definitely very inspiring. I am lending out her books to anyone that shows interest now. They are just fantastic.

• Oh man she’s done a ton for me. When I was still learning in the beginning of my raw journey, I had the great pleasure of attending one of her seminars in my area. I didn’t know who she was actually. It was my mom’s husband who called me and told me about it. So I went. It was small and intimate, and I think not knowing who she was made it easier for me to see how truly sincere she is. The seminar that night was great…and my friend and I left immediately going to the store to make green smoothies. Victoria was so generous and gave me 2 of her books which I still read to this day! If it weren’t for her personal experiences and explorations, who knows where I’d be today!!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

yes she blew me away. Reading 12 steps to raw food made going raw real and doable for me. Let’s face it, if she can turn her whole family raw overnight from scratch, anyone can do it! I love her common sense down to earth approach. It is my ambition to meet her and give her a big hug.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Zoe- reading how she turned her family raw overnight was the reason I turned raw too!! Her talks on video are so sweet and inspiring. She explains raw foods practically, in a down to earth way. She keeps it simple, and makes it accessible to everyone.

kevin- Yeah, she helped me overcome my cooked food addiction. Now I have a serious raw food addiction, but I’m fine with that.

mandelicious – i didn’t know that angela stokes looked to victoria for inspiration. how neat!

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Her simple and pure love for her family drove her to find a better way to good health for them, and herself. To do that, she had to risk losing her kids, believe it or not. Child welfare services could have easily taken her kids from her, claiming that she was endangering them with this diet. And they would have most likely gotten away with it.

I don’t have kids, don’t want kids. But I believe that if I had any, the idea of losing them would be more frightening than anything else I could conjure.

She inspires me just by being her beautiful, brave, persevering self.

• QTLaylaQTLayla Raw Newbie

I searched high & low for the book, Raw Family and finally found it online. Its a small book but I could not put it down, I was amazed. All the things the family members healed and what they went through, the hiking through the mountains in extreme weather and foraging for wild food… awesome! If anyone meets her, ask to look in her mouth… she says that all her filling fell out and the enamal grew back… I will have to see this to believe it! Recommended reading!! QT

• 12 steps to raw food was/is a big help to me. Easy to follow and a simple plan. I keep my 12 steps to Raw book right next to my AA and NA 12 steps books.

• I have “Green for Life” and “12 Steps to Raw.” Besides getting a lot from the “raw” info in both books, what really inspired me was her passion for raw and great love for her family.She also has a wonderful philosophy about life: do what you love and live as close to nature as you can. I never felt she was pontificating or presenting herself as a guru. She just seems to come from a very loving space.

What a joyous house to grow up in! I agree Mon46 – i felt that she creates a loving/accepting space when she enters a room. She is so happy about eating raw, that folks can’t help but join in.

• I started making green smoothies after reading “Green for Life” last November.

I watch her videos on YouTube…but I haven’t read “Raw Family” yet.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Honestly, I love her beautiful face. But aside from that, it’s the fact that she saved her baby’s life that inspires me the most. Just incredible.

It’s so incredible that she was able to cure her son’s diabetes. Now, 25% of children in the US are prediabetic. THIS is the answer. RAW can heal them. I only hope the message reaches them in time!

• FeeFee Raw Master

Well she has enspired me to drink green smoothies confidently and as a consequence my meat eating vegetable hating partner also drinks them. In fact he complains if he doesnt get his daily green smoothie. Anyone who can manage that is a miricle worker. Now all I need to do is manage to get him to make some himself!

Wow fee! I wish I was so lucky to have a partner joining me in guzzling greens. Enjoy it, that’s very special!

• FeeFee Raw Master

Thank you Winona, it is about the only thing of mine he will touch though!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Her books changed my life! Juicing wasn’t working for me. I was always weak and fatigued. After attending her lecture, and reading Green For Life, I started consuming green smoothies, and I have never looked back. I noticed a big difference in my energy level right away! :)

• I am reading “Green for Life” now, and I completely love it. Very easy to read and understand, and very inspiring! I love this book so much I am going to buy several more copies and give them to my family. My four year old daughter likes green smoothies, and my hubby even said he would try them. It really is a revolution. :)

Kendra- I’m glad you like the book! It has so many sweet stories. Green smoothies have helped me so much. Because of green for life, i understood the importance of regularly drinking my greens. Now, I’m more emotionally balanced, digest things better, sleep more, relax more, and so many things. Partly due to raw – but partly due to these wonderful green smoothies!

Fee – My boyfriend loves walnut brownies, dancing chicken salad, avo lettuce salad, raw dressings, fresh juices (fruit and veggie), and bowls of berries/bananas/nuts topped with almond milk. He eats chicken and turkey sandwiches, but also has salad with veggies every day – and he’ll eat fruit every few days. : ) I guess i feel really lucky! who knows, maybe you’ll have a positive influence on him over time.

• If you are what you eat, then I imagine most of us are about 30% green smoothies…thanks to Victoria Boutenko.

Hehe – we are what we eat, nice one audrey. Right now, I’m 1/3 pecan date dessert, 1/3 blended watermelon, and 1/3 pear. i’m feeling rather squishy!

victoria put raw foods in terms i could understand. it wasn’t biology jargon – it was plain english. a heartfelt tale.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i am almost done reading “12 steps to Raw”. It’s pretty good but I haven’t read any other raw books to compare it too. It was good for a beginner like me. :-)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I had tried raw once out of desperation and fear, and it didn’t last because it was too complicated and overwhelming. The next spring, when I became ready to take in only what my body needed, I read Raw Family, and I wanted to do high raw. She made it so simple and enjoyable. No nonsense :)

QT - Her son, Sergei, is the one who said his fillings fell out and new enamel grew. Incidentally, I read that right after contemplating the dental approach of filling in cavities. A few years earlier, I had x-rays that showed I needed several fillings. I never got the cavities filled because I didn’t have the money. So here I was on the way to the dentist several years later to have them filled (knowing I would likely have a few more cavities by then), and I began to wonder if filling cavities is really the best approach, and I was wondering if cavities could fill back in on their own. I got to the dentist and got an x-ray, and NO CAVITIES!!! The ones I had a few years before must have filled themselves in. So, when I read Sergei’s story of new enamel growing in, I was not surprised, but very pleased. :)

• Victoria is the #1 reason I became a raw foodist. My new year resolution was to go back to vegetarian and in my quest to find out what was missing from my previous way of eating I went to one of her lectures at a near by Whole food stores. She had the answer to what I was looking for. I’m not 100% raw yet, because I keep falling of the wagon, but I’m on my way.

• Victoria is the #1 reason I became a raw foodist. My new year resolution was to go back to vegetarian and in my quest to find out what was missing from my previous way of eating I went to one of her lectures at a near by Whole food stores. She had the answer to what I was looking for. I’m not 100% raw yet, because I keep falling of the wagon, but I’m on my way.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

She inspired me to drink green smoothies and to eat a wider variety of greens besides the same few that are available at typical supermarkets (which I try to stay away from now). I also think that I’m going to eat some weeds because of what she wrote about them being more nutritious than farmed food.