Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

what do you strain your nut/seed milk with?

Hello all! I’m new to making nut or seed milk and am wondering what do you use to strain the milk from the pulp with? Also, where can one buy them? I’ve read a few different names; strainer bags or sprouting bags… any thoughts? Thanks everyone!! Be well, leigh

Comments

• in a pinch, you can use panty hose :)

I use a nutmilk bad, you can use cheese clothe as well. I’ve heard of people also using a paint strainer from home depot or lowes.

• I to have used panty hose to strain nut milk. I live in a very small town and so haven’t found a place to buy a cheese cloth so i am currently using tea towels which actually works great.

• I often use cheesecloth, but recently found that a fine mesh strainer is fast and easy.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I use a fine mesh strainer and it works great!

• leigh starleigh star Raw Newbie

WOO HOO!!!! Thanks everyone! Off to find some pretty panty hose and make some milk goodness! Take care, Leigh

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

I use any clean kitchen towel.

• doesn’t the almond pulp get linty? i’ve tried using a clean towel just to dry soaked nuts and it never ever works.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

a fine nut milk bag from Matt Monarch…as fine as panty hose…duh, why didn’t I think of panty hose!!! Great idea! I will pass that idea on to friends that are using cheese cloth. Thanks :)

• i use a paint straining bag, available at any hardware store!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Cheese cloth.

• The only thing I’ve ever used is knee high panty hose, works like a charm :)

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

No, I have never had a problem with lint. I thought I would but was pleased that I didn’t. I actually try and use cheesecloth but was out one day and grabbed the towel in a pinch.