importance of food combining?

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

i am new here and wonder what more experienced raw foodies think about food combining? i am transitioning now, but adding in the deal with food combining to the whole raw food thing just seems more than i can handle. lol.

Comments

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I’d say just take it one step at a time… all I can remember so far is not to eat any kind of melons (like cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew melon…) with anything else, and to not eat avocados with nuts, and not to eat nuts with dates (but I still do that anyway, lol) There’s a lot of websites you can read about it… here’s a super easy chart:

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/foodcombining.html

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

thanks rachel—but wondering, how actually important do you think food combining is? i don’t have a sensitive stomach, so i am wonderingi if i can just work with the raw food thing for a while, and then, if I feel the need to, transition to the food combining.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

well, I personally don’t give it that much thought. It’s important, but if you have a strong digestive system and you can handle “bad” combinations, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal…but that’s just my opinion and I’m not a professional. :P

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I think its really unique to the individual. If you do not experience gas, bloating, any abdominal discomfort really and you are passing regular stools then eat in whatever combo you like! If any of the above do happen, note what you ate together and eliminate that combo to see if things improve.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

nycgrrl – for me, it’s important to drink water 1/2 hr before and 2 hrs after a meal. i always eat melons without any other food. i typically eat fruit+greens or fruit, and keep veggies/nuts/seeds separate. remember – cukes, avo, tomatoes, are actually fruits. anyway, this helps me digest – i have a super weak stomach.