Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What cooked food to eat?

southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Okay, so I have been all raw for 2 weeks today, but I’m about ready to eat something cooked. I’m doing so to help me mentally transition. After this, I’ll limit myself to 1 cooked “thing” per week. (Not a meal, just one ingredient in order to quicken the digestion process, and I’ll eat it before bed.) Anyway, I am really craving fish, some salmon. Not sure if it’s a B12 thing, or what. Anyway, what are some cooked food suggestions? I want something that won’t have TOO much of a problem getting back out of my system. I will give it about 12 hours, though, before eating anything else. Any ideas? (Sorry this question is non-raw)

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

How about steamed asparagus with a good squeeze of fresh lemon just before eating??? Or if it is comfort food you are after??? A sweet potato baked or microwaved with coconut oil, my granddaughter loves it!!! She just turned 5 and tries to eat as healthy as possible at her home… We made raw cacao cookies from this site this morning and she thought she was big stuff and was so happy we didn’t have to use the oven like “mommie” does… Listen to your body and go from there… GRIN Happy eating!!!

• KelleySKelleyS Raw Newbie

my favorite cooked vegetable is broccoli. oh god… yum :D

i think the baked sweet potato and asparagus are excellent suggetions as well

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

were you vegan before? no sense starting to eat meat or fish, might shock your system.

I am thinking about adding some cooked veggies in about a week. or beans. I just don’t eat enough sprouted ones to get iron right now.

actually, the sweet potatoes sounds pretty good. you could also lightly blanch some veggies.

• Whatever cooked food you decide to eat, good food combining will help your body to eliminate it as soon as possible.

If you’re going to eat salmon, have it with some green veggies, but not with starches. Proteins need about four hours to digest. If you feel bloating or gas afterwards, then something is backed up in your system.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Close to vegan, but not ALWAYS. I had some fish about a month ago. It was, ironically, with baked lemon asparagus. It was fantastic, and now I’m drooling, lol. Ahh, my sad love of salmon.

Help, I really want asparagus and fish tonight, which I bought, but asparagus is super yummy baked in lemon and olive oil. Would olive oil be a big no no with fish? HELP

• whatever you decide to eat…dont put it in a microwave. in fact, if you still have one of those…get rid of it. :D

Nope, don’t own a microwave.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

whatever you decide to eat ENJOY it. your body won’t be as sensitive to cooked food after only 2 weeks. have a green salad before you start to get the enzymes in…

bon appetit.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

lightly steamed vegi – a ton of asparagus with lemon juice like you like . plus the asparagus is prime right now , im chowing on it raw 24/7 :-)

michigan roman- Thanks! I did eat a ton, it was delish! Your birthday is a couple days after mine. You’ll be 50 this year (you look great!), and I’ll be 21! Big birthdays for both of us. :)

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

thanx for the comp southernlover .