Raw food question re candida??

Can going raw cause candida? I worry cause I take an oral antibiotic for acne and have heard about some cases of candida?? Not sure if associated with Raw food diet?

Comments

• If anything I believe that being raw will help reverse any candida overgrowth in the body….the only cautionary items I can think to keep away from would be oranges (which have yeast) and raisins (also covered in natural yeast). However, the small amount of yeast associated with these fruits is nothing compared to what eating processed SAD foods can do to make yeast overtake the body! Don’t worry!

• Whewwww!! Thank you!!

• antibiotics actually make candida worse… have you tried other alternatives?

• Yes hopefully I will be able to stop soon…It got so bad I gave in to the antibiotic but this was before I changed my eating habbits and was diagnosed with PCOS I have everything under control so far:) Thank’s

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I used to get yeast infections ALL THE TIME and i just realized when i read your post that i haven’t had one in about a year! I’ve been raw since last summer (August 2007), so if i was prone to them before and didn’t get one by going raw, i’m fairly confident in saying that raw food will not cause you to get a yeast infection… I remember the last yeast infection i had, i did this Detox program to get rid of the yeast (it was from M’Lis – very expensive and pretty much the same exact thing as the Master Cleanse) and i found out that yeast craves things and needs things to grow. I was craving Peanut Butter like crazy! Just to find out, this is one of the things that yeast grows off of – and anything with sugar. So, if your eating raw, there should be no reason for you to get a yeast infection (unless you start taking an antibiotic for some reason)... i hope that helps :)

• roxiroxi Raw Newbie

Since you are taking an antibiotic, I would suggest taking a probiotic. The antibiotic is killing ALL of th bacteria in you, the good and the bad. Therefore the probiotic will replenish the good. I have heard that you should take them separately. Ideally if I were you, I would take the antibiotic in the morning and then the probiotic about 12 hours later. Not sure what your current schedule is. Just wanted to recommend the probiotic.