My Story

So, about a year ago I met the man of my dreams (so far). He was vegetarian, but didn’t try to implement his diet on me in any way, I came about it on my own after seeing what a great health he had. Of course he was very pleased when I made my transition after a very unpleasant Christmas filled with real physical illness to the point where I wanted to go to the hospital.

In the beginning it was mostly because I couldn’t be bothered with cooking two meals, and I really didn’t mind not eating meat for dinner every day. It’s safe to say that I noticed the difference quickly! I ordered vegi meals for lunch at work and actually found myself sticking to my new life.

But then I became very ill, and my diet became even more restricted to the point where I couldn’t touch sugar, not even in fruit form, yeast, wheat, dairy, eggs basically everything I was already eating. So I decided to eat meat every once in a while, which I couldn’t do for much more than a week I had a new found respect for life and I wanted to find a way to make it work without the meat. It was after this experience that I decided to go vegan, since I couldn’t see the ethics in not eating animals, but consuming their by-products and I’ve been vegan ever since. I later found out I had been mis diagnosed, and am currently suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Since going vegan, I rarely have attacks anymore.

I guess this is a step in another new direction where I really want to go raw but I want to do it right. I want to try for a few weeks and see how I go.

So, this is my hello… :)

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Warm Welcome! we are all here to help you on your journey to renewed health.

• Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story. I hope raw foods help you as much as they have helped me. It’s taken a long time, but I’ve finally overcome my fears of cutting out meat, then dairy… and slowly, cooked foods. But I feel better with every step forward!

• I was raw for three days but the last three days I’ve eaten cooked food… And I’ve never been so thirsty in MY LIFE!!!

Gah! I really want to make the full transition, but I was so hungry and my blender is broken and I can’t afford a new one or the juicer that I want or a dehydrator! And it SUCKS!

whinge-whinge

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Perhaps start with a goal of one raw meal a day and do that for a while. Then, make it 2 meals. Then, 2 meals and your snacks and so on. This might not work for everyone, but it has really helped me and kept off the stress of the “all or nothing” mindset. Just don’t get down on yourself if you have a bit of cooked food in a day – you can still eat raw the rest of the day and you are doing fantastic!

For the blender, dehydrator and juicer, check out freecycle. I know of a number of people that have received donated dehydrators there.