Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is this the normal course of things?

spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

On the advice of Chris, I stopped coffee cold turkey on Saturday. Monday evening I got a very intense migraine, one of the worst I have ever had. I was up most of the night in excruciating pain and vomited twice. Tuesday my migraine was more manageable, but I still felt icky. Now, for the last 2 days, I really haven’t felt like eating much. I am not hungry, but I “pick”. Yesterday I ate half a cantelope, and drank some tahini milk throughout the day (took me all day to finish 8oz.) Today is the same thing, not much of an appetite. Is this normal after a major detox, which is what I am assuming happened with the migraine et al. My gut tells me that it is my body taking it’s energy to healing, and not to worry about it. I did do my usual workout despite not eating much today, and it actually felt wonderful. But, then today I got worried that maybe I shouldn’t have done that…75 min. on the eliptical is pretty intense. Also, should I skip my workout today if I haven’t wanted to eat much…will my body have enough fuel? So many questions…....

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Forgot to mention that the coffee was my last vice…I have been 100% raw now since Saturday.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Yeah its normal. Its just caffeine withdrawl. No need to worry :)

• Of course depending on how long you feel this way, I wouldn’t really worry too much. I quit coffee and all other forms of caffiene about a year ago and felt the same sort of things you described. It was actually much worse quiting caffiene for me than it was when I quit smoking. I would say that the more water you drink the better. Any sort of antioxidant would be good too. I would also guess that exercise would actually be good as long as you don’t wear yourself out too bad; because that will also help your body get rid of toxins left from caffiene use. But yeah…the sickness and loss of appetite should go away when your body gets rid of toxins.

• Wow, those are some severe symptoms. When I decided to quit coffee and detox, I have to admit I took a week or so to wean myself off the stuff. However, I had been drinking two pots a day, so I was afraid that I would get sick like you! Good luck… I’m sure your body will heal itself, and this too shall pass!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

I used to drink coffee since my teenager years,and I was drinking a gallon a day.I had to drink a huge cup of coffee before sleep,if not I wouldn’t sleep at all. My husband told me the damage that I was doing to my health, and I decided to stop after a year thinking about that. I had the most horrible migrane headache of my life for more than a week and I was working 8 to 9 pm straight. After 2 weeks I felt so wonderful that I didn’t care about coffee anymore.This was in 1999. Congratulations ! I understand what you are going through,and I applaude you for doing that.

Thank you all so much for the reassurances. It’s funny, even my usual cravings have disappeared. I even watched my husband and son eat french fries today and I didn’t even want one! I feel like I have been liberated! It was horrendous pain, and I wouldn’t ever want to go through it again, but coming out on the other side, I am so happy that I got all that crud out of my system. On to better and more raw days!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Hey spiritedmama,

I forgive any bad thoughts you had towards me during your migrane and congratulate you on your new craving free 100% Raw life.

YOU RAWK! [officially]

Chris

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

At least you did better than me. Two years ago I realized I was consuming too much caffeine, either coffee, energy drinks, or energy pills. I got to the point where I couldn’t stay awake without some kind of energy booster. I would consume a minimum of 4 energy drinks a day, 2 cups of starbucks coffee and 1 to 2 energy pills. When I quit cold turkey. I slept 27 hours or more straight. I only got up the next five days after to pee. I napped all those day. I had a major headache. I was depressed and I didn’t talk to anyone that entire week. I also didn’t go online, didn’t watch tv, turned my phone off, didn’t eat and didn’t leave my apartment. I barely could move my limbs. I got my energy back and swore off any caffeinated beverages.

Congratulations on your liberations!!!

You are too funny Chris! I never had a single bad thought about you during the whole process. I just kept reminding myself that I would be so much better off after the migraine, etc. was over.

Joesc, now those are some MAJOR detox symptoms. You are amazing for making it through them!

....oh and Chris….yeah, you’re right, I do RAWK!...(smile!)